My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Scrapy Land's New Challenge! {Scrapy Land}

Note: for Edith updates, please click here. She has experienced a little set-back - cards would be great!

Welcome to the All-New Scrapy Land Challenge! My teamies and I are looking forward to to inspiring you with our challenge creations twice a month on the first and third Wednesdays. (Rules are HERE). The Winner and Top Three are selected by the design team. The Winner will be awarded a $15 gift card to the Scrapy Land Store, where there are more than 40 brands of dies and other goodies offered at a discount!


We are also looking forward to being inspired by YOUR creations, as well! 


Spellbinders "Bitty Blossoms" S5-086
Tattered Lace "Couple" (dancing)
Cheery Lynn "Fanciful Flourish"
(for several fancilful flourish options click here)
Spellbinders "Scalloped Borders Two" S5-202

The rules are simple - just follow the theme (this time it is "Anything Goes"

and 

use at least one die cut 
from the 40+ brands 
that Scrapy Land sells! 

Scrapy Land sells dies manufactured 
all over the world, 
so there is a great variety, 
and most prices are discounted 
to help enable you to add to 
your stash. 

The dies used in my card are shown on the left.


Gosh! No stamping on my card! It was a challenge to completely use die cuts in my creation, but fun to think outside my box! The Tattered Lace "Couple" (dancing) die is beautiful! Delicate and VERY easy to cut! It passed through my Grand Calibur the first time on thick white card stock. I brushed on glue and sprinkled the Celebration Velvet Microfine Glitter. (the card is not black, it is NAVY BLUE)


The easel card is 6" x 6" on white 8.5" X 11" cardstsock. But I wanted to use a punch which required a 6.75" square. Do you ever have the wrong-size card stock for the size card you want? We can still make 6" or 6.5" square easel cards, even with the small cardstock sizes. Because the Silver Glossy base is larger than 6", the "folds" for the easel card are at 6" and 9", leaving only 2" for the final portion.
How Sparkly and Pretty! The white roses and white leaves are distressed with Sea Wood Distress Ink, then I brushed on glue and added Transparent Starfire Glitter. The Sea Wood Distress  Ink shows through the glitter. 

Below, I've lightened this a little so you can see the navy cardstock details in the roses and leaves.



Sentiment is computer generated using Garineldo01 and Garineldo Plain fonts. They were free here.


My teamies and I are looking foreward to seeing your creations.
Just use a die cut from one of the brands Scrapy Land carries on ANY type project and
click on the logo below to enter!


Products used:

Scrapyland's Spellbinders Borderabilities Scalloped Borders One
Scrapyland's Tattered Lace Couple Dancing
Scrapyland's Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
Scrapyland's Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish
MS Lace Flowers PAP
Aileen's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Paper: White, Silver Glossy, Navy
Computer-generated sentiment
Sea Wood Distress Ink
Sparkle N Sprinkle: Starfire Glitter G1017, Celebration Velvet Microfine Glitter G2010, Brushable Glue #540


Challenges Entered:

  1. Crafts 4 Eternity - #191 - Bingo Middle Row - Use a Punch (MS Lace Flowers), the color BLUE (NAVY here), use some die cuts (several shown above) 9/5
  2. Creative Corner Challenges - Anything Goes - 9/5
  3. Through the Purple Haze - #57 Anything Goes - 9/6
  4. Sparkle N Sprinkle - September - Anything Goes With Loose Glitter 10/1
  5. Ladybug Crafts - September - Anything Goes 10/1
  6. Clear It Out Challenge - Sept 2 - Anything Goes 9/9 (used Celebration Glitter and Spellbinders Scalloped Borders One which have been in my stash for a long time without being used)
  7. Fan-Tastic Tuesdays - #51 Anything Goes 9/9
  8. Through the Craft Room Door - Sept 2-8 - Anything Goes
  9. SplitCoastStampers #IC454 - Design Seeds (denim color inspiration)




Thanks for dropping by!
hugs,

59 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Donna this is stunning and so very beautiful made, love it.
Gr Karin

brenda said...

How very elegant Donna, what a keepsake for the happy couple. And love how the glitter gives off little hints of green.

Hope you are keeping as well as.

B x

Lori Kobular said...

Donna ~ your card is so elegant in the navy blue and white color scheme, and that Tattered Lace die is so intricate! Love it!

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Wendy L said...

Hi
Thanks for joining me I have reciprocated.

Love the card, so stylish, love how you have showed how you did it too. xxx

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Word, Donna this is eye popping gorgeous, I love the dies, layout, flowers and glitter, this card is award winning in my book!!!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Stunning Donna I love everything about it!!!
Kevin xx

Anne Temple said...

This is so elegant! Love everything about it. You'll have to tell me how you got the photo of the dies you used too.

Benzi said...

Just gorgeous, Donna! That microfine glitter is awesome. I absolutely love the curved borders and need to bring mine out and use them soon. What a grand job you did with the dies...no stamps needed.

jimlynn said...

Donna, this is so elegant and lovely. I love the navy and white combo and all that shine it has. Everything about it is just breath taking.
Lynn

SD pooja said...

What a elegant n Romantic card..

Gerlinde said...

Absolutely stunning, Donna!

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a beautiful card, Donna! So classy and elegant looking! Love all the sparkle! I'm heading over to Scrapy Land!

Lady E said...

So beautiful and elegant !! Simply stunning :)

butterfly dream cards said...

Love it....its really very elegant.

Fiona DT
TTPH

UTs Hobby Time said...

Stunning and elegant creation. Love the color combo.

Sue said...

Stunning card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue 32

Lisa said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, Donna!! Wow, all of the details are just amazing!! The flowers are so beautiful!! The sparkle is fabulous!! This is so gorgeous - you wouldn't even need to buy a gift to go with this - it's a gift by itself!! Love, love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

This is truly stunning Donna. Your design is so beautiful and elegant, I love the colours and the sparkle looks wonderful. The sentiment is lovely too.
hugs Sue xx

Anne Temple said...

I'm back :-). I still love this every time I see it. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge too.

Shirley said...

Your cards are always so neat and crisp looking Donna. The attention to details is amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

NanaConnie said...

Donna, I'm so excited that you're on this team at Scrappy Land! You're going to be working with a few of my very favorite people with whom I shared one of my first DTs way back when. Gorgeous card, and you know that I'm going to be playing along here at SL as often as possible since I love using dies on my cards. Hugs, my friend!

Petra Swart said...

What a stunning no-stamp card, Donna!!!! I love all the great dies you have used and all the glitter is just so beautiful!!! This is really a very special anniversary card - such a lot of beautiful detail to appreciate!!

Have a super day!!!
Hugz

Verna Angerhofer said...

So stunning and elegant. I love how you used the borders die. Great idea!

Melanie Smith said...

Beautiful card! I love your handmade roses and all that glitter ;-) Thank you for participating in our challenge over at "Through the Craft Room Door". Hope to see you again soon! Melanie, DT

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love the gorgeous dies you used and the shimmer and shine is just outstanding!

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love the gorgeous dies you used and the shimmer and shine is just outstanding!

Brenda said...

Stunning doesn't do it justice... Gorgeous, glittery, flowery, die-cuts - it's got it all :)

pam said...

hi Donna, love this beautiful card, couple are delightful as are your other die cuts, gorgeous colours with shimmer and sparkle..looks elegant as an easel card.
hugs pam

Stampsnob. said...

Everyone of those dies are just gorgeous I especially like the dancers (bride and groom ) Your work in always wonderful to look at ........Lis

Karen Petitt said...

Oh my De - what an absolute stunner! Talk about kicking off with a bang! A really beautiful card huni and I had a little play tonight so will enter my 'offering' sometime soon. Thank you for the inspiration Karen x

Karenladd said...

Wow, another gorgeous cards and so striking! The black and silver, and all the glimmer make for a sophisticated design. You have such a wonderful way with flowers! I also read the Edith updates and have emailed her sister to get an address so I can send some smiles through the mail. Thanks for posting this

Eret said...

Donna, your card is beyond stunning! This color combo is so elegant. Love your beautiful flowers and gorgeous diecuts. You made a perfect easel card with wonderful punched edge.
Hugs,
Eret

michele said...

Fabulous card Donna Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week. Hugs x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning Donna. Love the beautiful navy with white and all the sparkle that you've created. That die is so pretty - thanks for sharing this gorgeous piece of inspiration.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,

deine Karte ist absolut bezaubernd.
Die Tattered Lace Schblone ist wunderschön. Deine Gestaltung einfach perfekt.
Ganz liebe Grüße Hugs Silvi

MaryH said...

Just saw this at Scrappy Land, where I recognized your pretty self as one of the designers. Lynn gave me a heads up on today's challenge. My gosh, this is drop down gorgeous. You know I love those S/B borders, and the design you made using them is just marvelously beautiful. You used even the left over bits to make something just gorgeous. Love the color combo, and the elegance of the brackets was perfect for this romantic couple. Well done!! TFS & Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful card and love the beautiful die-cuts and sparkle and thank you for the font link
carol x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Donna, such a fabulous design - the black and white combination is stunning.
Pauline
x

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...hope you stop by and play with us again...love your challenge project..tfs <((><

Jane Savage said...

Simply stunning, Donna! So chic and elegant! Have a lovely weekend! xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love how elegant your card looks Donna-- love the fantastic use of die cuts!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning! I don't have enough words to describe to you how fabulous I think this card is...Wow! I especially love how those borders look on your design. Would you believe I have those border dies and have not even tried them yet. (and I have a wedding card to make...I think I better get them out...smile. Thanks for sharing.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Great card for today's post! I specially like the couple die! Wonderful effect! and gorgeous shape and dies. cheers from California
Bibiana

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Stunning Anniversary card, love the glitter, black & white theme and all your gorgeous die cuts. I hope you are doing well, Hugs, Shirleyxx

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING creation De and look forward to more of these.xxThe Journey is the Start

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful, elegant, stately, yet fun and fancy card this is! I could tell right away that it was navy and I thought what a great choice with the silver. Lovely anniversary sentiment you typed up in the pretty font. I appreciate all the information you shared today about the card size and creation. The dancing couple is a beautiful die, and the flowers and leaves so pretty. Of course, the sparkle is AMAZING! What a fabulous card this must be to see up close and personal!

Unknown said...

So so very beautiful & very elegant.Thanks for playing along with us at
Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
Hugs, Teresa DT
Ceesa's Card Creations

Unknown said...

So so very beautiful & very elegant.Thanks for playing along with us at
Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
Hugs, Teresa DT
Ceesa's Card Creations

gobarb26 said...

Hi De. I just found your site from a card that you entered in Through the Craftroom Door! Now it's my turn to comment on your cards. This wedding card is absolutely gorgeous! I would have expected no less from you. What talent! I would love to CASE your card but I wouldn't know where to begin!!
Love,
Barb ❤️

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Sharon said...

This is so gorgeous Donna. I love the image and it sparkles beautifully. The dies look gorgeous and it is beautifully embellished inside and out.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon, x

nwilliams6 said...

Looks like a dream or fairytale! Wow, this is beautiful! Impressive. Hugz!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Back in the US with my DT hat on! Amazing creation - thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge!

Sue said...

Gorgeous wedding couple on your lovely anniversary card. The Navy and white look awesome. Beautiful sentiment and the flowers are oh so very pretty. What an elegant card you created, Donna.

Hugs
Sue

April said...

What a beautiful, sparkly wedding card! I just love it! Thanks for joining the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge. xo

Anonymous said...

Love the lacy die cuts, nicely done
hugs Julie P

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just so super gorgeous. The dies are beautiful and you have showcased them perfectly. I want to thank you for sticking with me on my blog. Even though I don't visit, it doesn't mean I don't think of you. There I just days I can't I am so stressed I can't think!!! I hadn't slept a full night in 3-1/2 months. I just "Let it Go" and have been sleeping at least. I appreciate your friendship. I will explain later.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

E. Marie said...

Donna, this is such an awesome card. You always add so many intricate details that make you cards amazing. Thank you for sharing your project in the Sparkle N Sprinkle September Creative Challenge.