It is time for the 2nd All-New Scrapy Land Challenge! The Challenge is open until September 28. The theme is ANY die manufacturer which Scrapy Land sells AND must use embossing powder twist. Scrapy Land sells well over 40 manufacturers of dies, and most are at a great discount!
Dies sold by Scrapy Land used to create this card:
*Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant S4-270 (3 of the dies used)
*Spellbinders Octagons (for sentiment)
*Impression Obsession Border Duo Two (2 dies used)
*Impression Obsession Snowflakes
Inks and embossing powders were used to embellish each one of the layers.
VersaMark Ink smooshed on the surfaces of the die cuts is easy to apply. The embossing powder is perfect for covering up any mistakes!
It was difficult photographing this card because of the textures. Here is the actual soft coloring:
The Impression Obsession Snowflakes cut through a Planters Peanuts can liner - it is thinner than canned sodas, but heavier than most foils. The snowflakes were cut in half and pieced around the bow (ribbon is died with the same color ink "cool peri").
The following photo is dark, but showcases the difference in EP textures in the pennant versus the lace backgrounds. The formulas are shown further down in this post.
boo-boo time confession: originally I was going to highlight the ovals in the die cuts, but I could not control the shaking in my hand, causing blobs of color. The panel covered with EP also had those same blobs at the bottom left, but they are scarcely noticeable, even with this slightly semi-transparent EP on top!
|Here is the difference between adding EP (bottom) and before the EP.|
The bottom panel is 1 part clear EP with an equal part of white mica powder
and a touch of glitter.
Instead of Mica Powder, the panel on right was coated with 1 part of clear embossing powder 3/4 part glitter.
The sentiment is from the Anna Griffin "Send a Celebration" sentiments set. It is heat embossed with SNS Concord Star EP:
- Scrapy Land Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant S4-270
- Scrapy Land Spellbinders Octagons (for sentiment)
- Scrapy Land Impression Obsession Border Duo Two
- Scrapy Land Impression Obsession Snowflakes
- Anna Griffin Send a Celebration Sentiments
- cardstock: white, purple, metallic lining from a peanut jar (snowflakes)
- Embossing Powders: two white/clear EP formulas, and one SNS Concord Star detail EP.
- Rhinestone flourishes (adhered with glue because the adhesive on them will not stick to EP very well)
- NBUS - Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) #2 - 9/25 Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant S4-270 (3 of the dies used it is YEARS AND YEARS old and not ever been used) and Impression Obsession Border Duo Two (probably a year old and never used) and some white mica powder in an unopened jar mixed with the clear EP and glitter to create a unique EP color.
- 613 Avenue Create - #89 Anything Goes 9/19
- Crafting When We Can - #78 Christmas Come Early 9/26
- Paper Creator's Crafts - #29 Early Christmas 9/18
- Crafting at the Week-end - #5 Anything Goes 9/27