When my friend Lis recently broke her leg, I asked if Sherri Baldy could please create a Besties character with a cast so I could make a card for Lis. This little darling is the result!
Isn't she delightful?
a mess, too!
(Thank You, Sherri!)
Sherri has a FaceBook contest to name this little darling. Click here and scroll down to the image for the details. There are some great name suggestions!
For the time being, she could be Crutch Girl, but that sounds so impersonal.
I will call her Limping Lis until a proper name can be given her. (smile)
Lis is known in the Florida Stampers as the Paper Maker because she makes her own paper.
To personalize Lis' card, I used some of her own "Velvet Fabric" paper (it's the fuzzy pink layer, and what the flowers are made of).
The card is also very GREEN -- for Earth Day -- and -- because Lis is a Master Gardener.
Click here to buy this adorable little Get Well Besties!
My card uses the sketch from Fetch a Sketch Challenge:
The photo below shows the rich texture of Lis' handmade velvet paper.
Soooo... what's her name? Feel free to share your imaginative names in a comment below for an additional chance to win my April blog candy. (being a follower is not necessary - though I love it if you do - and I will do everything possible to contact you through blogger or you may send me your e-mail address - if you win).
Craft-dee Bowz tool to create a bow similar to the one in Limpin' Lis' hair and crutch.
The buttons are stitched to their flowers, and the poke a dotted paper is also stitched around the edges.
A snapshot of the interior, using the plush Velvet Fabric hand-made paper again.
My Get Well card is entered in the following wonderful challenges:
- ABC All Beautiful Cards - #25 Recycle (the pink layers and flowers are hand-made paper made from recycled paper scraps and pink velvet fabric)
- Artistic Inspirations - #38 - Card for a Lady (card is for my dear girlfriend who broke her leg)
- Bestsies Challenge - #15 - Add Some Ribbon (three ribbons in bow)
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Favourite Colour Combo (pink and green)
- Crafty Bloggers Network - #10 Anything Goes
- Crafty Boots Challenges - Recycle (the pink layers and flowers are hand-made paper made from recycled paper scraps and pink velvet fabric)
- Critter Challenge - #161 - Use Buttons
- Fetch A Sketch - #48 - used sketch inside and outside
- Forever Friends & Co - #60 Use Lots of Flowers
- Love to Create - #62 Bingo Card (middle across, Flowers-Die Cuts-Ribbons)
Custom Get Well Image Created for Lis by Sherri Baldy
Inks: Copic Markers, Pink Sherbet Dye,
SB Grand Oval Nestabilities
SB Grand Big Scallop Oval Nestabilities
SB Rose Creations
Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish
Memory Box Riviera Corner
Paper: Neenah White, Handmade Velvet Blend, designer paper, Green base
Buttons, 3 ribbons, stitching on sewing machine, brads