Originally displayed in March 2009, for use of embossing powders as coloring agents, this card also utilizes paper pieces, assorted sizes of Tear-ific Tape and Glitter to create the look of several layers.
Here are two cards shown side by side. The simple changing of the center axis square, and adding the white lacy border changes the card appearance.
Not sure why the recipe isn't showing in the Gallery, but here it is for you:
Box Petals [1698-315C] stamp
Just because 1057-222AA
VersaMark ink #99702
Royal Purple EP275
Amethyst Spray EP319
Glitter Sunny Daze G1038
Glitter Impulsive Purple G1069
Dimensional Adhesive (tape or pop dots)
Dark card stock in navy, purple or indigo 5.5” x 8.5” folded in half
White card stock (can be scraps)
White pigment ink
1/2” Double Sided Tape SAT04
Brushable Glue #540
Deckle Edge Scissors
Leaf punch (Martha Stewart)
Possible: Sakura Glue Pen #99202 (to fix any border tape issues, see NOTE below)
1. Begin with base card in dark navy, purple or indigo 5.5” x 8.5”. Score in middle and fold in half. Card view is horizontal.
2. Place 1/2” double sided tape SAT04 along the bottom of the card. Carefully lining it up, place a second line of double sided tape just on top of the first one, creating a one inch wide border. Do not remove protective covering from the tape.
3. Ink stamp Box Petals (1698-315C) with VersaMark and stamp image twice onto white card stock (using left over scraps from another project is perfect for this application). Be sure to reink between stampings.
4. Using tiny spoon for better control, dip into Wisteria EP and carefully cover 1/4 to 1/3 of the image. Set spoon down and very gently “drum” the EP from under the card stock with finger tips to force EP into every tiny space. Gingerly tap off excess without contaminating the rest of the inked image.
5. Repeat step 4 using the Amethyst Spray EP.
6. Finally, sprinkle the entire image with Royal Purple EP. Now heat set the three embossing powders.
7. Ink stamp Box Petals (1698-315C) with VersaMark and stamp image once onto white card stock. Cover with Royal Purple embossing powder and heat set.
8. Using decorative edge scissors, cut the 3 squares out, carefully leaving a white “halo” around the image as a mat, and set aside.
9. Ink “Just Because” greeting with white pigment ink and carefully stamp just above the tape border. Avoid pressing too hard into the ink, or the image will be blurry.
10. Adhere the two tricolor tiles on the front of the card so that they are facing diagonally.
11. With a leaf punch, or other favorite detailed punch, punch out 4 leaves (or as many as you like). These are to be adhered on the back of the solid tile with regular tape.
12. Place dimensional adhesive to back of solid tile in all four corners or on all four sides (depending on type of adhesive). Pull of protective backing and adhere on top of the other two multicolor tiles.
13. Pull off the protective layer of the double sided tape at the border of the card and shake on Impulsive Purple glitter. Tap off excess and return to jar.
14. Finally, squeeze a tiny amount of Brushable Glue to the center of the solid color tile. Gently spoon a tiny amount of Sunny Daze glitter onto the glue. Gently drum the card from underneath, settling the glitter into the glue. Tap off excess and return to bottle.
Thanks for stopping by!