Welcome, Friends! It's time for a new Inspiration Station Challenge! What fun to "interpret" this challenge's inspiration piece.
The inspiration board this time: PSST! Remember! It's entirely YOUR take as to what inspires you - it could be emotional, thematic, color, texture. What ignites your imagination today?
I was inspired by the colors, the music theme, and the fun melodies always heard on the carousel. Remember that reaching for the brass ring was only part of the fun - it was seeing the joy on the faces of fellow passengers and the whiz-by smiles of watchers standing nearby!
This delightful card is 5.25" x 6.5". The black background was stamped with VersaFine Clair Charming Pink (just in case the color showed through the white detail embossing powder after the EP was heat set). The carousel horse was colored with Zig Watercolor pens and Distress Inks. The distressing around the image was done with both pink and black inks:
To tear the mulberry paper, a paint brush with lots of water was used. Let the mulberry paper absorb the water, and it is very easy to tear. Then I "rolled" the edges inward while they were still wet to give a little dimension to the layer:
Hope you will drop by and play in the Inspiration Station Challenge!
One of my huge pots of Coleus Plants. In about a month, they will grow long spikes of purple flowers, attracting all kinds of pollinators. Hummingbirds especially love their flowers! The cascading "smiles" of salmon flowers are Angel Wing Begonias, with a few dregs of jade plants and snapdragon flowers (whispering their last breath due to the heat).
I would like to play in the following Challenges please:
- Allsorts Challenge #624 Anything Goes 5/22 (sep post 5/21)
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #5 AG for DT (sep post 6/12)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #50 Have A Critter 6/1 (sep post)
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2120 AG 5/24 (sep post)
- Outlawz Monday Greeting Challenge (5/10 - 5/23) Use Dies (6/1) (used 5 dies)
- Here Is A Place to Start #5 Anything Goes (6-7 check tabs)
- AAA Birthday Challenges #25 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AAA! (5-30) sep post (6-7)