My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, June 06, 2019

Moving Along With the Times - Sketch

Good Morning, dear blogging friends!
How deeply grateful I am to know you!
I am not able to snail mail today's card to each and every one of you, but please know that I would if I could!



It's time to share a Project for the new Moving Along With The Times Challenge!

Challenge #99's theme is A SKETCH - for the next 2 weeks upload your creations that feature our pretty SKETCH shown below.




I chose a monochrome gold theme to go with this beautiful sketch!

For those of you who remember February's Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop, we have added a new tab that says Digital Stamps for Charity.

The Kindness Sentiment Set is our first digital set, available with or without borders. One Hundred Percent of the Proceeds goes to The Turner Syndrome Foundation. There are 11 PNG images in the set for $2.00.




ProductsKindness Sentiment Set, Darice Ornate Rectangles Die Set, Sue Wilson Pierced Flags Die Set, EKS corner punch, Gold Detail EP, Gold Vellum.

Looking forward to seeing your creations at Moving Along With The Times Challenge!

Challenges I'd like to play in please:
Daisy Chain Challenge #31 Monochrome 7/1 

Warm Florida Hugs, 

24 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely post Donna and your caring thoughts have arrived here on my craft desk this morning, thank you.

B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Donna,
firstly I love your new blog face and the top image is stunning.
I love your wonderful take on that sketch is so gorgeous.
Very luxurious and such a beautiful sentiment too.
Papers used are so pretty also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Bunny said...

Change that "warm" Florida hugs to "downright hot".

This is a beautiful golden embossed card. Lovely sketch and the papers are gorgeous. 

[Bunny]`

We are so dry up here. Our grass is getting crunchy where the sprinklers don't quite hit. 



Wendy L said...

I,m sure the hugs are warm from Florida, they sure are getting there in Spain. Gorgeous card, thank you, xxxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Elegantly beautiful! From the sentiment to each piece of gold detail - love the dotted die cuts too.

Lori Kobular said...

Love the new stamp set you created! Thank you for supporting the Turner Syndrome Foundation and all your help with the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop! I could never do all of this on my own! Thank you for your dedication to my mission! You are a wonderful friend and a gifted and talented artist! HUGS!!

SD pooja said...

Very Elegant card and I loved the layering !

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card Donna, beautifully designed and such a wonderful thoughtful sentiment. I love the colour pallet too, Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Donna, this card is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for my sketch challenge. I'm a great one for quotes and sentiments on my cards so this is a definite winner for me. I love it. Christine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous and elegant display of this lovely sentiment!

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a stunning card. I just love how you have interpreted the sketch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful, Donna! I love the sketch and the relative simplicity of your card. I know it's not CAS, but the monotone of gold with white streamlines the design even though you have all the fun of different patterns and shapes. I really love this!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Donna this is just gorgeous, I love all the wonderful layering you have done here, lovely paper too, love it in all shades of gold and white, makes it so elegant!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and elegant card Donna
Gr Karin

*Vicki* said...

Well I say your creations are just as beautiful as the person that is making it!! :) I LOVE your elegant details and that embossed sentiment is the best!! Such a gorgeous take on the sketch my friend!! Right back at you!! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Donna love the beautiful sentiment and the white and gold combination
Carol x

Furrbster said...

This is super stylish,

Hugz Tinz

Sue said...

STUNNING card! Love the simple gold and white theme and that sentiment is beautiful, both in meaning and the lettering is wonderful too.

Hugs
Sue

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card - love the choice of pattern paper and beautiful sentiment thanks for sharing!!!

Pia S said...

So elegant all in gold! You used a digi sentiment? If so I’m curious how you went about to heat embossing it?

Donna Ellis said...

Pia, with my ink jet printer, I can often heat emboss.

Here are my steps:

1. Use a coated cardstock like vellum, glossy, or other thin plastic coated options.
2. Use an antistatic bag on cardstock.
3. Place prepared cardstock in printer.
4. Place embossing powder right next to printer for fast access.
5. Print image.
6. As quickly as possible, apply the embossing powder before the ink dries. (if the EP does not stick to the ink, it will not heat set)
7. Heat set.

I’ve done this on several projects. Not all ink-jet printers work with the same ink formulas. This technique will NOT work with laser printers. Hope this helps! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful monochromatic gold card and beautiful in so many ways x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Donna, the monochrome gold is so elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card Donna! That embossing on the sentiment is amazing and I was going to ask how you embossed a digital sentiment, so thank you Pia for asking.
Hugs Monica