My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, August 16, 2018

All Kinds of Textures at Moving Along With The Times

So glad you are here!




It's time to share a Project using TEXTURE for the new Moving Along With The Times Challenge!

We hope you can play along. Challenge #78's theme is TEXTURE - just make sure your project contains texture and share it!



My card share is a little different from anything I've done before, using a combination of High Gloss Black Mirror Cardstock Silver Chequer Handmade Paper by TonicGlitter Tinsel in Silver LeafBlack Ice Ultrafine GlitterSassy Silver Ultrafine Glitter and even Nuvo Crystal Drops in Wedgewood Blue.

First, I cut the mirror cardstock to 5.25" x 7.25". A piece of black cardstock was folded as a base at 5.5" x 7.5". I trimmed highly textured handmade paper into 1" strips. On top of the mirror cardstock, place any width of Tear-ific Tape horizontally. I used 1.5" tape. The tape could also be applied diagonally, vertically or in any wonky manner pleasing to you:



Next I pulled off the protective covering, laying the 1" strips of handmade paper in the center of the tape, carefully avoiding the exposed tape:



Using glitter, beads, ribbon or embossing powder, burnish them into the exposed tape:



It's a great way of using up strips of left over paper, or odd leftovers of glitters. Try alternating the glitter colors, or mix them together. Here I used just a single blend of Glitter Tinsel in Silver Leaf.

Here is a close-up of the combined textures with glossy silver cardstock and detail black embossing powder:


Finished card is quite sparkly in real life with marvelous shine, too:




Some products I had fun using:





Products Used:
Challenges this card has been submitted to:

  1. Craftaholics R Us #33 Anything Goes 8/23
  2. Crafty Creations Challenges #372 Anything Goes 8/20
  3. Word Art Wednesday (348-349) Anything Goes with Loving Words 8/29


Thanks for stopping by!
hugs,




36 comments:

Wendy L said...

Hi Donna, super card and lots of lovely textures, thank you, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic and wonderful card with those textures loving this.xx

Chris said...

So elegant and beautiful in silver and black. Wonderful texture and sparkle and a beautiful sentiment. Lovely easy-to-follow step-by step guide too,always fascinating to see how a project is put together!
Have a happy day :))
Chris
x

SD pooja said...

I am sure this card must be super sparky in real !! Lots of different product use ,loved the texture.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a pretty card, Hazelxx

Bunny said...

A very lovely card. The shimmer and texture are fantastic. [Bunny]

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Donna, lots of fabulous texture and sparkle and a lovely sentiment - a gorgeous card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful sparkle card Donna

Beebeebabs said...

Wow your card is absolutely beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing the tutorial

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous sentiment on this gorgeous sparkly card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

brenda said...

What a real beauty Donna, the sparkle looks fabulous, as I always tell my grandchildren when they ask why I am covered in it, 'glitter makes the world go round'. The monochraomatic colours make for a really eye catching piece, thank you for sharing your inspiration.

B x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! The sparkle on this design is absolutely incredible Donna! Love the added texture with the papers too! The neutral colors really compliment your design and make all of the sparkle look very classy! What a lovely sentiment as well! Thanks for sharing your process with this wonderful design friend! HUGS

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a stunning card I love all the texture you have added to your project. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

Hi Donna, That is a very elegant card. Your friend will love it.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, stunning!! Wow, Donna!! What an amazing card!! I love the textures and all of the spectacular sparkle!! It looks so gorgeous!! And your tutorials are always fabulous, too, my friend!! Love, love this!! A work of art!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pia S said...

You’re the queen of glitter and sparkle! Great tip, thanks for sharing. Gorgeous design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Donna that card is so beautiful with all the glitter and shimmer you added to it. I love the layout as well. And, I love the new look to the blog header. I bet those are flowers you have hanging from your home. They are gorgeous.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Donna, that background texture is incredible! Thanks for the tutorial on how you did it. I think it's time for me to get some of the wider Tear-iffic tape. I use mostly the really narrow but that won't give this effect. Great choices of the blacks and silvers.

Donna said...

Great saying for the focal point of this gorgeous glittery, textured masterpiece!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Donna, you are the queen of putting textures and sparkle together, gorgeous design of the card and that sentiment is wonderful!!

MaryH said...

Loads of texture and bling....and your design is brilliant & gorgeous. Don't think I've ever seen the black mirror c/s but it worked beautifully with the tonic special papers. Bet you did have a lot of fun with this pretty card! Well done! TFS & Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Donna,
sorry I am late with my comment.
what a gorgeous sparkle to this creation.
I love all your super texture it looks very stunning.
Love the black, white and silver theme.
Thank you for the tutorial on how this was made.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card Donna! I love the glitter and the way you layered the different textures! Love all the different textures!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, love your textured masterpiece! All the different layers and textures blend beautifully into this awesome creation, still allowing the framed sentiment to be the focal point. Thanks for the step by step tutorial! Great ideas!

Janice said...

Love your textured card and all the different layers Donna!
Janice x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful creation Donna.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxxx

sarascloset said...

Donna, I'm always amazed at the many ways you use sparkle in your projects! This one is so simple yet a brilliant idea! I'm going to have to try this and put my grungy spin on it. The finished card is truly lovely! I really love that black frame against all the silver--sooooo elegant! More hugs!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Donna

Apologies for late comment!

This is a fantastic design with all the gorgeous textures. Great tutorial as well

Happy craftng....

June :)

Shirley said...

Hi Donna this is certainly different for you but it still has all the sparkle and glitter which you love so much, great use of textures as well.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you did this with the sticky tape and tinsel glitter! You always make me want to go sparkle something. The leaves are beautiful and so is the sentiment. Looking again at the tinsel glitter... wow!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous card Donna love all the sparkle and great tips for a different design
Carol x

Mia said...

Brilliant card, Donna. I love the sparkling effect. Kisses, my friend.

Hazel said...

Lots of lovely texture for my theme this week, your card looks terrific. Thank you. Hazel x

Sue said...

WOW, Donna this is so sparkly beautiful, had to put my sun glasses on, HA! This is so you, and I love it. What a fabulous design and the sentiment melts my heart. Gorgeous..........

Hugs
Sue

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh WOW Donna, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the sparkle, shimmer, and metallics! Your friend will be overjoyed with this card! Your cards are always amazing! Beautiful work, my friend!