Maybe my card will cool things off.
Speaking of cards - I love playing with my supplies, getting messy, and experimenting. Do you?
I colored this image with Copic Markers, and this is the colored version you will receive with this stamp set if you buy the digital set.
Then I die cut the intriguing Tonic Layering Ribbon and Bow Frame Set in white, coated it with VersaMark and dredged with Firecracker Red Detail Opaque EP (it contains glitter). I removed the center (detailed) portion of the die, leaving two plain pieces, and die cut the same frame out of fun foam.
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with fine nozzle tip was applied to the back of the red embossed frame and adhered to the fun foam.
The back of the fun foam was coated with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape, and it was then placed on the die cut Snow Couple die cut piece.
Carefully center the cut SAS to the red cardstock, leaving the protective layer on top. Adhere the red layer to the card base:
After wiping off the excess, I prepared the left side for the same treatment, leaving the center tacky for the Snow Couple Panel:
Leaving the protective layer in place, burnish the left side and brush off any loose glitter.
Place entire panel in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to arrange the flourish stamp (sorry about the glaring light bulb!):
To get the Blazing Red Staz-on ink to show up enough, I had to restamp 7 times (because the base cardstock is red, not white). After stamping, the protective layer was removed, the Snow Couple panel was applied, and then the top and bottom of the SAS was burnished with more glitter. (Below, see that the SAS holds the Snow Couple panel, and just above and below more glitter is needed:
The sentiment is heat embossed with White Detail EP. I put it back in the Stamp Platform and stamped again with Versamark, and heat set with Velvet Sparkle EP. This allows the white EP to show clearly, but gives a bit of a sparkly shadow to the words (hope you can see the sparkles):
To create my giant sized snowflakes I used Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall, and dredged with Diamond Dust Glitter. The same process was done on the ground, and on the snow couple's hats:
Tonic's Poinsettia Wreath Die 80e was cut up and embellished with more Firecracker Red Detail Opaque EP to match the frame. The little heart brad was heat set with Velvet Sparkle EP. (Just heat the brad, dip into embossing powder, heat again, dip again, until you like the appearance).
Finished Sparkly card:
- Embossing Powders: Sparkle N Sprinkle Firecracker Red Detail Opaque EP (with Glitter), White Detail EP, Velvet Sparkle EP
- Stamps: Sparkle N Sprinkle Snow Couple Rubber Stamp Set, Flourishes 2 Rubber Stamp Set
- Glitters: Sparkle N Sprinkle Diamond Dust Glitter, Cloud Nine Velvet Microfine Glitter, Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall
- Adhesives: Sparkle N Sprinkle 1/4" Tear-ific Tape, Super Adhesive Sheets - Double Sided, Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with fine nozzle
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White cardstock, Red
- Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Tonic 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine
- Dies: Tonic Layering Ribbon and Bow Frame Set 1461e, Tonic Poinsettia Wreath Die 80e
- Fun Foam (for frame), brad
- Kerst/Christmas Challenges #12 Anything Goes Christmas 1/1/2018
- Craftaholics R Us #48 Christmas 12/13
- Always Fun Challenges #35 "Snowmen" 12/10
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #28 Anything for a DT 12/15
- Bugaboo Crafty Challenge #11 Anything Bugaboo Goes 12/15
- Love to Scrap #104 Winter Wonderland 12/31 (sep post)
- Crafty Calendar Challenges (December) "It's Christmas" 1/1 (sep post)