Hello, sweet blogging friends!
I have missed you all very much, and hope to resume leaving more comments soon!
Today I'm sharing a little Dies R Us Inspiration,
featuring the same die to create two different style cards!
click below for:
The following Dies R Us Products are being used:
Taylored Expressions Banner Stackets #1
Spellbinders Labels Five, Labels Four
Some tips for the square card:
TIP: embossing folders with the same design as the die cuts can be used together to create interesting background, such as the flourishes shown in the first card:
I tried a tip that many bloggers have shared - and what a difference! Several blogging friends have suggested wetting the die cuts and papers before trying to shape them. That's what I did with these flowers! Not only is it much easier (and lots of fun), but when the shape dries, it is somewhat hardened into that contour. I'm sorry it took so long to experiment with this technique, because it really does work! The flowers were inked first, and then spritzed with water and shaped. After drying, they retained their shape beautifully!
For a shaped card, choose a shape that will accommodate the pretty flourish of the die:
Not wanting Black for the sentiment, but desiring something bright and dark, I combined Crimson Red VersaFine ink with a semi-transparent Cosmic embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. The resulting color came out just right, and is bold and creamy in texture. I used it on both cards:
Check out this find from my Mom-and-Great-Aunt-Agnes stash! Do you see the price on it? Too cute! The pink was a little pale, so I gently inked it with Wild Plum distress ink:
Thanks for visiting today!
- Taylored Expressions Banner Stackets #1
- Tutti Designs Poppy Edge
- Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder
- Spellbinders Labels Five, Labels Four
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder
- Craftwell Delicate Dots embossing folder
- WRM Next Level Dots embossing folder (large hearts)
- Life Style Quickutz Hearts
- Sentiment: Hero Arts "You Sparkle" stamp set, American Art Stamp KC6015B
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Dandy Dandelion Sparkly embossing powder (on brads for flower centers), Strawberry Sherbet Cosmic embossing powder (for sentiment)
- Ink: Pink Sherbet Distress, Wild Plum Distress, Crimson Red VersaFine
Challenges I'd like to support:
- Cards 4 Galz - #28 Monochrome 8/18
- Sisters of Craft August Challenge "Anything Goes" 9/1
- Through the Purple Haze #105 Monochrome 8/10
- Tinker Dream Bastel-Dream #43 Anything Goes 8/15
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #12 "Anything Goes" 8/15