Today begins challenge #9 for Our Crafty Corner!
This Month's Sponsor is Karleigh Sue Digitals
My card features Bugaboo Stamp's "For You From Me Flower"
I've used Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch #408 on BOTH cards.
The first card is highlighted with darker blue tones because the flowers are shaded in Blue Print Distress Ink, and a frame around the edge which has been distressed with the same ink and glitter. The top and bottom of the card are also distressed with the same glitter mixture.
NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF GLITTER!
With 3 layers of hydrangeas, the white card is distinctive to have the petal layers distressed with Blue Print Distress Ink, and also inked in the centers, to match the frame surrounding the scene. The white panels of the sketch may be difficult to see even though they are distressed with Worn Lipstick Ink. I should have used dimensional adhesive for the layers. Each layer has a different embossed shape.
Inside of the card:
The second card has a dark green background, with a hint of white around the sketch panels, making them more easily seen. The hydrangea in the corner takes the place of the flower in the corner of the Sketch Pattern.
Because there are so many layers, I die cut leaves and flowers from the layers where only an edge can be seen. This helps with bulk and postage costs.
There is glitter in the self-adhesive lace since some of that clear tape would show.
Once again, glitter comes to the rescue!
I prefer the white highlights and bright magenta centers in the hydrangeas, compared to the bold blue look in the white card:
Thanks for stopping by today!
Our Crafty Corner Challenge!
- Image: Bugaboo Stamp's "For You From Me Flower"
- Dies: Spellbinders: Scallop Labels One, Classic Scallop Squares, Grand Decorative Labels One, Grand Labels One (card one), Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish (card 2)
- Embossing Folders: Craftwell "Quatrafoil", Counture Creations "Flamingos and Hedgehogs", Craft Essentials "Basket Weave". (card one)
- MS Flourish Lace Punch Around the Page (card two)
- SU printed papers (card two)
- colored pencils, distress inks, prills, glitter mixtures, lace, ribbon
- Stella Says Sketch #408 - 5/6 (check 5/9)
- Crafting a Beautiful Mess #2 Anything Goes 5/26 (last Friday M)
- Ellibelle's Creative Moments Let's Color Saturday Linky Party #8 (both cards and images are colored with colored pencils and distress inks) 5/5
- Jade's Sparkling Butterflies (2 Crafty Girls )- #18 Anything Goes 5/12