It feels good to write a post again. I miss you, and am slowly recovering (I hope).
Today's card uses an image from an extinct company - but they are still one of my all time faves. Personal Stamp Exchange PSX - do you remember them?
I miss them.
So sad when a favorite company disappears.
(giggle - if only that were the biggest of our problems, right?)
All the products used on my card are old (including the cardstock) except the embossing folder.
Product List Below.
This stamp is also precious because it was "bequeathed" to me by Dottie Karvonen, a dear on-line stamping friend who has since passed away. Her daughter Lisa has become a friend, and I treasure all the encouragement and words of wisdom Lisa shares.
My simple card needed a little something. The Card Mania Challenge came to the rescue by suggesting the use of Metal Embellishments (the four corners are copper metal, and have been in my stash for some 8-10 years).
The inside is very simple, but continues the oval theme:
I've submitted my card to the following fun challenges:
- Card Mania Challenges CMC#69 - Use Metal Embellishments or Ornaments 6/29
- Cardz 4 Guys Challenges #76 - Use Dies or Punch - (3 SB Oval Dies) 7/1
- Get Creative Challenges #17 "For the Boys or Father's Day" 7/1
- Shopping Our Stash SOS #207 "For the Boys" 7/2 (Used an old PSX stamp which I've never before used, everything on this card is old except for the embossing folder - thanks for always inspiring me to look at my stash)
- Clear It Out Challenge June 23 - July 7 Theme: YOUR STYLE, Stash: FAVORITE CRAFT PRODUCT (theme - copic markers, stash - rubber stamps - I love rubber stamps. In the past few years, I've neglected my stash of rubber in favor of digital cards or die cut cards. It's a pleasure playing with rubber again).
- Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge GCC062215 "Father's Day or Masculine" 6/29
- Crafts4Eternity #232 Metal Element (used 4 metal copper corners, and metal copper brad)
- Simply Create Too #88 "Old, Vintage" (vintage truck with vintage style embellies) 7/2
Stamp: PSX K-2040 Truck (long in my stash, and first time use)
Hero Arts Mini Sentiments (also very old)
Die Cuts: 2 Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Ovals
Studio K Twine (in stash, never before used)
Embellishment Corners: OLD OLD Copper Metal Accents from ScrapEssentials, Copper brad
Cardstock: Neenah Ivory, Navy, Ivory
Embossing Folder: Teresa Collins' Modern Stripe by Craftwell
Thanks for stopping by...