My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fix for Blogger's Tabs/Pages Problem


Sign up for

After trying to edit the tabs (Pages) in Blogger's Dashboard yesterday, I discovered that Google has removed the edit/add/delete feature from their Dashboard.

So off to visit the Google Help Blog, where a number of other people are complaining about the same issue (all as of this month). With no remedy being offered, I played around with some other places (in our blogger account) where these features are offered and found the remedy.

The format had changed without notice.

I was able to add, edit, and delete static pages* in two manners:

  1. Go to layout, and click on EDIT where it shows the PAGE TABS appear on your blog.                  OR
  2. Look at your actual blog (not from the dashboard). Where the little wrench appears on the right of your PAGES/TABS, click on that. 

Either way, a CONFIGURE PAGE LIST window pops up.

1) REARRANGE the Pages by clicking on the left icon and dragging.

2) DELETE BY Clicking the "x" on the right side

3) TO ADD A NEW STATIC PAGE - At the bottom of the window click on ADD LINK PAGE.

4) TO EDIT EXISTING STATIC PAGE TITLE: No edit option. You have to delete entirely and re-add in order to "edit" wording for your tab.

*Static pages contain no written information. Static Pages are Pages/Tabs that when clicked, the tab title automatically reroutes to another page, website or blog.

Hope this helps!
hugs,

13 comments:

SD pooja said...

I wasn't aware of this,will check !

craftieodmae said...

wish I was half as good with a computer................

Monica said...

You are so kind to do research and share all this information.
Thank you, dear Donna, for not giving up on me. I have been kind of busy and now more so with little Aleeza taking so much of me. But this afternoon, I managed to meditate and am feeling much better and more cheered up.
Well, my project has taken a back seat but I will come back to it. I will share it with you in my next email.
How are you doing? I must take a tour of your blog and see what you have been up to.

Much love,
M

Anne Temple said...

Thanks for the info and all your research!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

HI Donna, Thanks for the information, I've been wondering how to create tabs at the top of my blog :) So will give it a try soon. Take good care, Hugs, Shirleyx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks as always for sharing your wealth of knowledge! Hugs, Shona

MaryH said...

Hey Smart Lady! Thanks for researching this aggravating stuff and sharing with us less informed! You are a jewel. Hugs & Hope your day is going just great! TFS

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really appreciate the blogging tips you are always forthcoming with. Not sure I understand everything, but just in case I have an issue, perhaps the secrets are revealed by you. But for the main part, planning to keep my blog clean pretty much except for my posts.

Shirley said...

I thought I told you that!!! LOLOL ;-) Just kidding. I had to figure that out not too long ago when I started hopping again! Hugs,

Sue from Oregon said...

I wish I had more time to play around with blog design...Good of you to share!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow thanks so much Donna. This has been a huge help, as I add and edit my Pages quite often, and was also a bit lost after the change xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carol Hurlock said...

Look at you with your computer technology tips. Heck I spend hours trying to reverse the boo boos I make...lol Great advice-sure I will be using it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

KT Fit Kitty said...

How do you know all this stuff!!! My blogging skills are very b-a-s-i-c. Thank you for providing all this info - I will be referring to it when the time comes that I need a static page - haven't done one of those yet. I love your tips - keep 'em comin'!

Hugs,
Kitty