My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Friday, November 16, 2012

But... It MORPHED!

Are you ever inspired to do one thing, but then it comes out completely different?
(for step-by-step directions, please click here)




That's what happened with this card. Inspiration for one thing, but "it" just got out of control -- IT MORPHED! (notice *I* don't take any responsibility here)

The glitter is lightly brushed to provide a distressed look, allowing the ivory cardstock to peek through.


Three friends and my Grandma were the influence behind this card. Inspiration Card is from Florida Stamper friend Andrea Robert, DeeDee Maligno (Craft-Dee BowZ) contributed the magnificent 3"wide lace, and Heartfelt Creations designer Linda Loew made sure the flowers came from HC's Tattered Blossoms stamp and die set! (Thanks, Andrea, DeeDee and Linda!)  Here are the inspiration pieces:


So where does Grandma come in? Brooch Flowers! They resemble Grandma's glitzy jewelry of the 1930's and 40's. My sister and I enjoyed hours playing dress up with Grandma's jewels, hats, gloves, fancy gowns and purses. Do you have dress-up memories? These "brooch flowers" are in honor of Grandma .

The brads were heat embossed with glittery embossing powder. They did not photograph well. The same color EP is used in the sentiment, so that should give you an idea of how glittery they actually are.

The "sentiment" close-up below shows the glitter in the embossing powder.

Where it looks like "flecks" show in the embossed image, it is actually glitter. Looks great in person!


Sparkle N Sprinkle Sentiment, Glitter and Embossing Powder
(links at bottom of post to specific colors)


Dimmed the lighting to show the glitter in the embossed sentiment and flowers
(click for better detail):


Thanks for stopping by today.
Products used and Challenges entered are listed below:

Cardstock: Silhouette Cover by Crown Vantage (Cream Pearl Glossy) and ivory colored CS.
Memories "Sand" Dye Ink
HC Tattered Blossoms HCD722 die
HC Tattered Blossoms HCPC3468 stamps
Couture Creations Washed Away embossing folder
Couture Creations Tied Together embossing folder
SNS Cappuccino Star embossing powder (flower centers)
SNS Celestial Glitter G1031 (misture of golds and transparent)
SNS Brushable Glue
SNS Spirit of Christmas image
Shaped glitter mixture (hand blended at home)
MS Traditional Scallop Edge border punch
SB Rose Creations Dies
SB Carnation Creations Dies
SB Long Classic Rectangles
SB Long Classic Scallop Rectangles
CL Fanciful Flourish
Large star brads, small circle brads
3" Ivory lace fabric ribbon
3/4" Fabric ace layered on top
Cheese Cloth
Brads

Card is entered in the following fun challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle #49 - Textures
Craft Challenge 181 - Use Fabric (2 laces, cheese cloth)
Craft Us Crazy #30 - use Holiday Theme or Favorite Color
Forever Friends Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet Challenges #48 - Textiles (2 laces, cheese cloth)
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Sassy Studio Designs Dare to be Sassy #151 - no patterned papers
Christmas Card Challenges #50 - Christmas Holiday
ATCs and Cards with Attitude #27 - Autumn/Winter Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenges - Sentiment Needed

Happy Thanksgiving!


52 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

Wow. Such an inspiration. I love your handmade flowers. I just got some plain Prima flowers that can be colored. I definitely think your idea will come in handy for Christmas cards!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Absolutely amazing Donna! It is so elegant, with so much texture and dimension. You really have outdone yourself here. The flowers are exquisite, everything beautifully put together with just the right amount of sparkle. I'm in awe!

Andrea R said...

de, it came out magnificently! It is definitely tone-on-tone, and the glitter serves to bring it up to another level.
Thanks for mentioning my card, you know it was sent with love!
Beautiful artwork!!!!

Gunn`s Kort said...

WOW, I just love it:)
Hugs from Gunn

Pat K said...

WOW,fabulous card....so classy and elegant. Pat K

Shannon White said...

Wow!!! This is Absolutely Gorgeous Miss Donna!! LOVE how it morphed! lol so Elegant and sparkly and Beautiful! Fabulous inspiration my friend! 8-)

Big hugs
Shannon

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

WOW Donna ! Gorgeous !!! The white on white & all the texture in the lace & glittery flowers make such a elegant creation. I keep looking at your card, love it ! Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

Brenda said...

You've totally outdone yourself this time! Very elegant and totally glam!!! LOVE IT.

Barbara Bruder said...

Exquisite!! Very very pretty.

Dawn said...

WOW!!! Stunning card! So elegant with such gorgeous layers, textures, dies and all that glorious glitter. WOW WOW WOW! Love it!!

Hugs, Dawn

Keri Brown said...

I have been dying to get my hands on that flower and die set from Heartfelt Creations... You have done this card wonders and now I have to have those more than ever... Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Whether you take "credit" for this card morphing or not, it is amazing and I love everything about it... :)

Abfabdesigns said...

Love it Donna right up my street with the bling
xx hugs xx

Sandra H said...

Hello Donna, Oh wow your creation is absolutely beautiful with lots of lovely detail, xx

carol said...

OOh My!! what a fabulous card, gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

carol said...

OOh My!! what a fabulous card, gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

Judy said...

Hey Donna,

Wow, this is just stunning! I don't blame you either, I think it just took on a life of it's own ;)

Maybe you've noticed already, but I just now got this...we are both in Brooksville, and I'm thinking at some point we NEED to get together! I'm right of Hayman Road,

Judy
:)

Margo said...

Breathtaking details!!
Thanks for playing along at CCC!

Anne-Marie said...

Hi, Donna! I came by to say a warm thank you for the sweet comment you left for me, and then noticed that you've entered this beautiful creation in our Twist of Faith challenge....thank you! Your white on white and all that fabulous glitter makes this a stunning card....well done!

Julie Z said...

Wow De, this is just gorgeous!
I am always amazed how you incorporate so many different elements into your cards and are always able to bring them all together so beautifully! Absolutely lovely!

Brigitte said...

OMG, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!! I love everything about it!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

NanaConnie said...

This just took my breath away, Donna! It's utterly magnificent. The embossing is so elegant and I love the way you did the glitter. I have a DT theme of white-on-white coming up and I've been agonizing over it. Maybe I should just have you do it. :-D Hugs, my friend.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

very beautiful card. Fancy! Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet Textile challenge.

Terry said...

So much "Wow" factor going on here! This is breathtakingly gorgeous with all the texture and shimmer, Donna! So elegant and classy! Love this! Have a great evening!

PetraB said...

This is stunning! Love every bit of it.

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for playing in our Textures Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love flowers and the card colour combination,great card!
Hugs Trish xx

Marjie Kemper said...

This is so elegant and multi-layered... love all the texture!

Jean said...

I just love the detail in this card. It is so lovely. It's nice to see your work again - have been out of touch for a long time but remember you fondly from Florida Stampers.

Krisha said...

OMGosh! this is truely a beautiful card.

Krisha said...

Thanks for popping by my blog, yes I have heard that about Mac PC, and that will be what I get next time. I do have and external drive and have save pics to it, but they (PC shop) have redone something and now the PC wont read what I have saved. Going back to the shop tomorrow to find out, but thanks for the info.

2amscrapper said...

This is stunning! You've truly inspired me!

creativearts said...

Stunning! I love all of the texture, glitter, flowers, lace, etc. You have really outdone yourself with this card! Love, love it!

pam said...

hi Donna,
well this is a stunning..classy..elegant.. card,
totally love it..
pam

Karalee said...

Oh Donna! This is gorgeous. You can morph your cards any time. Just breathtaking. Awesome job, Lady.

Debi said...

A beautiful card. Would be wonderful for a Christmas wedding. Love all the flowers and, of course, the glitter.

Cammy404 said...

Donna,
Absolutely stunning!!! Loved everything about it!

Stampsnob. said...

Yes I often get off track but it never turns out that beautiful.........Lis

April said...

Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous card! I love your MORPH!!! LOL! Fantastic job!

Alexa said...

What great morphing!! Fantastic card with so many elements - it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Stunning, just stunning love everythiung about this card. Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight at ATC's. Abbie (Owner) xx

Krafty Kows said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at craft this week. Jeanette

Donna Maligno said...

Holy Heaven, this is beautiful!! I think our Yahoo goup is playing tricks on me as I seem to get bits and parts of the posts -- last I knew you were in the process of this card. As usual -- it is SPECTACULAR!!! How I wish I had your talent, Miss De.

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow what a wonderful card and thanks for sharing at craft this week

Gerlinde said...

Wow! Just realized you're back at it again and - Wow! - what amazing work! This card is absolutely breathtaking with all the glittery elements and the lace. And each of the other cards before it are gorgeous too! What great inspiration!

Glenda Atkins said...

Amazingly beautiful, stunning card!

Linda said...

WOW! This is just stunnung Donna. The flowers you made are unbelievable. They look like you made them out of gold and silver bridal lace. I love both the emossing folders used. So much texture the lace is out of this world. As catipillars morph in to beautiful butterflys your creative has morphed into a beautiful card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How sparkly and stunning!

Shirley said...

Yes, I start with one idea and it usually does evolve elsewhere! ;-) Your card is just so gorgeous! What a work of art. I looked at Sparke n Sprinkle and there was no place for comments. This needs to be framed in a shadow box I think.

Debra Miller said...

Stunning card Donna! Thanks for joining us at LMM Challenge blog - Deb

Gibmiss said...

Hi Donna
This is a stunning card......
Congrats at being chose as designer for FFchallenge.......
Hugs Sylvie
I am on the monthly team........x

Unknown said...

Donna, your card is just gorgeous!! The Celestial was the perfect choice to give the distressed look! Love the swirls too! Beautiful Card all over!!

xxxtglxxx said...

Gosh, this is beautiful! :) Stunning card!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Dwita said...

So wonderful, Donna. Thanks for playing with us at ATC With Attitude. See you again next time.

Dwita.