Christmas cards, of course, with an unusual seasonal greeting.
It's always fun seeing how different an image looks with a simple change in colors.
Challenge #84's theme is WINTER ANIMALS - for the next 2 weeks just make sure your project has winter themed animals on it and upload!
Mr. Woofie has been colored in four shades, die cut, and coordinated with SNS Microfine glitters. These glitters are velvety smooth, and don't cover up the intricate details of the die cuts:
In the next step, I applied the frames to sticker paper:
After putting a coffee filter under the exposed panel, I applied a little glitter:
Thoroughly burnish in the glitter:
Do the same thing with each image:
Adhere the glittered panels to a white card base and select a sentiment:
Stamped with Versafine Clair Ink, clear detail embossing powder was then applied to the sentiments and heat set:
Magenta - Orchid Rose GM2016 and Purple Delight VersaFine Clair Ink:
Marine Blue GM2049 and Blue Belle VersaFine Clair Ink
Day Dreamin' GM2052 and Chianti VersaFine Clair Ink:
Close Up of the images:
The sentiments were each stamped in a different color VersaFine Clair, and heat set with Clear Detail EP280. I began collecting these inks in March, and dearly enjoy them. I want to purchase the remaining 6 colors LOL - they capture the detail of a stamp wonderfully, and are easy to emboss with.
- Image: Woofie's Christmas Rubber Stamp 468, also available digitally and Eskimo Kisses 788 (sentiment), also available digitally.
- Papers: Neenah Solar White, White
- Adhesives: Sticker Paper, Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with fine tip, Dimensionals
- Microfine Glitters: Marine Blue GM2049, Orchid Rose GM2016, Day Dreamin' GM2052, Gecko Green GM2045, Teal Velveteen GM2017
- Embossing Powder: Clear Detail EP280
- Inks: VersaFine Clair in the following colors - Blue Belle, Green Oasis, Purple Delight, Chianti, and Memento Sweet Plum, Memento Paris Dusk
- Others: Copic and PrismaColor Markers, MS snowflake punch
- Dies: Wild Rose Studios "Rose Frame", 3 Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles dies
Challenges I'm Supporting with these cards:
- Dream Valley Challenges #190 "Use Dies and Punches" (punch MS Snowflake, dies Wild Rose Studios Rose Frame and 3 SW Double Pierced Rectangles) 11/21 (sep post) C10
- Paper Craft Challenges #24 "Friendship" 11/21(sentiment "friends warm the heart")
- RetroRubber Challenge #99 Anything Goes (my rubber stamp set is a "virgin" rubber stamp set that is 6 or 7 years old.) 11/17 (sep post) C10
- Shopping Our Stash #379 "It's Raining Cats and Dogs" 11/12
- Try Stamping on it (Nov 1 Glitter Tech) Use Glitter 11/24 (sep post)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge AG for DT 11/15 (sep post)
Hugs from Florida,