Slowly picking up speed from recent Florida events - I especially am thinking of those who have lost loved ones, their homes, and businesses throughout the Caribbean, Texas, Florida and Mexico, and wishing you all a brighter tomorrow.
The new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!
Fantastically sparkle-full, the Celestial Ultrafine Glitter on the leaves is a combination of transparent and opaque glitters. Why tell you this? The leaf die cuts are cut from the same color yellow cardstock as the sentiment. Some of that yellow shows through the transparent glitter colors, so that it blends beautifully and looks well coordinated.
The "green" is actually an embossing powder! They are equally sparkle-full, aren't they?
I blended a Hybrid Embossing Powder SNS Military Green EP288 mixed with Green Nugget Ultrafine Glitter G1065. Both are opaque. Again, why have a mentioned this? The green cardstock was not quite the color I needed to match the designer paper, but covering it with embossing powder did the trick! ALSO, with opaque products, you can even cover white cardstock with any color to customize your papers.
Love the Tonic Thinking of You miniature die
On the inside, a sneak peek at an upcoming SNS sentiment, inspired by a dear friend:
We would love seeing your dragonfly projects at the
I'm still having trouble getting up to speed, but at least my brain is semi-functioning again (giggle).
Flooding shown in green - our area has still not crested, so the photos reflect flooding a week ago, where the areas have not reached their maximum flooding yet:
THIS IS DEDICATION:
our home has these "shutters"
which are put in place before an event, and then removed.
The photos were taken 24 hours after Hurricane Irma passed overhead - we were SO FORTUNATE as only a few tornados passed through the area, and the winds were deflected by large trees. Irma downgraded to a Cat 1 by the time it hit our home.
We were VERY GRATEFUL to have the shutters.
(see the shutter bottom left which has been removed from the door):
- Embossing Ink for large areas: Stampendous Embossing Ink with "felt stopper".
- Hybrid Embossing Powder: SNS Military Green EP288 mixed with Green Nugget Ultrafine Glitter G1065
- Celestial Ultrafine Glitter G1031
- Tonic English Picnic Die Set (inside)
- Tonic Thinking of You miniature die
- Tonic Dragonfly Broach
- Tonic Autumnal Oak Die Set (Leaves, twig, acorn)
- Nuvo Large Glue Pen (to adhere glitter to leaves, and designer paper to cardstock)
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive (wonderful ultra fine tip!)
- Sentiment - sneak peek of upcoming stamp set
- EKSuccess Border Punch
- Rust, Pale Gold, Black, Gold Glossy, Avocado Green, White cardstock and stash designer paper.
- Recollections Jewel
- Crafty Cardmakers #196 Autumn 10/1
- Make My Monday #55 Autumn Colors 10/1
- Use Your Stuff #281 Something Old - Something New 10/1 (Designer Paper, border punches, EP and G all very old - the die cuts are brand new)
- Fab N Funky Challenge #364 Fall Colors 10/5
- ScrapyLand Challenges #74 (Anything Goes using Die SL sells) (4 different Tonic Studios Die Sets listed above)
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge (Anything Goes for a DT) 10/15
- Sisterhood of Crafters (Sept 27) Use Your Dies 10/15 (4 different Tonic Studios Die Sets listed above) (sep post prior to new challenge)