It's typical summer weather in Florida - HOT AND STEAMY!
But I love where we live, and it would take something very important to make us move away.
Badges are awarded for the Spotlight Winner and Top Picks.
Today's design celebrates the birthday of a very special friend who has been there for me time and again! It's different from anything I've made before, and anything she would expect; however, I am using her favorite citrus colors - tangerine, lime, lemon - those are colors she loves.
- A collage created with several images from "Create with TCL" and "The Graphics Fairy"
- sentiment computer generated
- colored with Distress Inks, Copic Markers
- SW pierced rectangles
- rick rack and buttons from my Great Aunt Agnes
- Clear EP on the butterflies for texture, embossing folder triangles
- Stitching on the black card stock panel punched with MS border lace punch
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #6 - Anything Goes 7/1
- Butterfly Spot Challenge #14 Bingo Card (Buttons, Butterflies, Bows - rick rack) 6/28
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge #15 - Anything Goes DT 7/1
- Crafting With An Attitude #28 - Anything Goes 7/6
- Crafts Galore Encore JUNE - Anything Goes 7/1
- Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes 7/6
- Dragonfly Dreams (June) Make it Sparkle 7/2 (green frame is glittered, butterflies are coated with clear EP to make them shine)
- Making Memories Crafting #6 Anything Goes/Bingo Board (diagonally from top right BLING - IMAGE - DIE CUT 7/7
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #23 - Anything Goes DT 7/15
- Path of Positivity Challenge #50 (please read below)
- Sewing represents the fabric of our lives - the stitches that hold it together, or might even require pulling out, and restitching where necessary. The rick rack from Great Aunt Agnes’ sewing stash, was used to cover up sewing mistakes, and to adorn everything from potholders to baby clothes. The rick rack of our lives is our willingness to be flexible, to roll with the changes Life brings us, to transform what we can about ourselves, and to accept the rest.
- Buttons hold openings together - but always, buttons can be undone, accidentally lost, and even changed to modify styles. They come in different sizes - some shiny and dull. Buttons are the stays - little gifts - that keep our lives interesting yet held together. Some of them are bright and shiny, like good times with family and friends, and happiest of memories. Some are dull and unlikeable, symbolizing the darker, unhappier moments of our lives. On this card, one of the buttons is on a butterfly’s body, ready to accept its transformation.
- The butterflies remind us of freedom and beauty. We can allow ourselves to be held prisoner by the “dull buttons” of our lives, or we can find freedom through those hardships by flying off, changing our perceptions, and becoming the beauty of who we are no matter what happens. The dress form reminds us that one form will fit many, but it is the custom tucks and trims that make us each unique.
- The Sparkle (glitter) and Lightness (feather) we bring to our lives, and the lives of others, is all dependent upon our choices. We can make ourselves and others feel guilty and “small”, or we can free ourselves and others by moving forward constantly, setting an example by growing continually, and being content with the preciousness and joys in our lives.
- My friends are those Precious Joys in my life - they bring out the FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE. Friends are color and buttons, butterflies and rick rack, vintage and contemporary - all things beautiful and valued.