Greetings, Sweet Crafty Friends!
Welcome to Scrapy Land Challenge #35!
Theme: Anything Goes Using Die Cut brands sold by Scrapy Land.
Up for grabs is a $15 gift card to the Scrapy Land Store, and several badge opportunities, as well.
We love being inspired by your pretty cards submitted to our challenges.
You have until February 14 to submit your pretties!
My card is 8.5" x 5.5" and uses the following die cuts:
Scrapy Land Products Used:
5x7 Detailed Scallops
Fancy Tags One
Bitty Blossoms (leaf)
Configurations - Lattice Arched Adornment
DO YOU HAVE ANY OLD VIRGIN RUBBER IN YOUR STASH?
Image Close Up: The bottom 2 inches have been cut off the image:
The individual flower petals are "colored" with SNS Starfire ultrafine glitter.
Tip: Hold brads with tweezers. Heat brads with embossing tool, then dip while hot into the Gold Detail EP. Repeat and dip again. Heat one more time and dip into Starfire glitter. Briefly heat one last time. The brads are now a molten, distressed gold, darkened a little by the glitter:
Create the frame without using a plain rectangular die on the inside of the decorative frame die:
TIP: Glittering Vellum: After painting PPA on the vellum leaves, they were dredged in the SNS Starfire glitter. The wet vellum rolled into tube shapes. Upon drying the vellum relaxed to its original form. Even though the leaves have a slightly translucent quality, the glitter camouflages the adhesive when adhering the leaves to the card base.
BUILD A FRAME:
A Sakura Glue Pen (Quickie Glue) was used to "color" the petals of the mums a little at a time, and Starfire glitter was dredged on top. I wish the photos would pick up the glitteriness. It's really pretty!
The white centers to the gold flowers were also dredged with Starfire Glitter.
Now it's your turn!
We always look forward to seeing your beautiful projects at:
- Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops, Fancy Tags One, Carnation Creations, Bitty Blossoms (leaf)
- Sue Wilson Configurations - Lattice Arched Adornment, Dandelion Clocks
- Images: Stampin' Up! Riot of Petals (retired), sentiment by Penny Black
- Paper: Gold glossy, Gray, White, Gray vellum
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Detailed Gold embossing powder, Starfire Ultrafine glitter
- Gray Tombow marker to outline the gold embossed image
- Embossing Folder - Craft Essentials EFOB0010 Basket Weave
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- Crafty Cardmakers #156 Use Dies or Punches (used 6 diff die sets) 2/7
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges #156 Monochromatic theme 2/12
- Crafting With Friends #13 Anything Goes 2/12
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges (Feb) Use EP and Glitter (Detailed Gold embossing powder, Starfire Ultrafine glitter on every petal of the white mums, on the vellum leaves and in the white centers of the die cut flowers 3/1
- Glittern N Sparkle Challenge #173 Embossing (dry or heat) - Used Craft Essentials EFOB0010 Basket Weave EF on gold background and gold flowers. Used gold EP on the large mum image and sentiment. The brads were dipped into Gold EP and then again into the glitter to create a unique finish) 2/7
- The Crafter's Cafe #142 "Monochromatic" 2/15
- The Crafting Musketeers #34 "Monochromatic" 3/1
- Ruby's Rainbow Challenges #122 "Anything Goes" 2/17 (JFF "shout out")