My card today is inspired by a very special friend.
Flower Girl - Magic in You (digital)
Flower Girl - Magic in You (rubber stamp set)
Anything Goes with die cuts.
and become eligible for a fabulous prize and badges!
My card is an A7 (5x7) card, using the following "mix-and-match" dies from three Scrapy Land manufacturers.
Trying to maintain a positive attitude is challenging at times when living with chronic pain and illness.
When my Peace and Contentment seem "remotely missing" due to disconcerting limitations, symptoms and pain, I know it is time to have a Gratitude Check.
Anyone sharing these same issues knows that sometimes we might succumb to that Green Monster Jealousy because we cannot live "normally" as others do.
There is always so much to be grateful for,
regardless of one's circumstances or feelings.
This year, one VERY dear Gift in particular
was sent my way during a very difficult time!
My best friend from High School contacted me! Forty-seven years ago we inseparably shared every detail with giggles and tears and lots of studying! As happens with many friendships, we both relocated, married, and Life got in the way of catching up... until this year! It's as though we were never apart, sharing (again) every part of our lives, and so happy to be a part of each other's well-being. Though 1,000 miles separate our bodies, our hearts are still melded. It goes to prove that even with all the changes we experience in our lives -- all the turmoils, job transfers, health challenges, child problems, happy events, and personal growth, we are essentially the same people we've always been.
The added blessing is that many personal healings have taken place for BOTH OF US, simply by being able to fondly "look back together" and by being there for each other today.
Aside from all the many "small-yet-big" things in my life,
I am very grateful for, and to, lovely Diane Brown.
- Sue Wilson Gemini Orion CED4404
- Memory Box Small Debutante Frame 98430
- Memory Box Small Felicity Frame 98519 (floral frame around the white base)
- Spellbinders Triple Tear S4-490 (around sentiment, and embossed top right)
- Embossing Powders: Sparkle N Sprinkle's Moss EP418, Sienna Star EP425
- Image: Sparkle N Sprinkle's Flower Girl - Magic in You (digital), Flower Girl - Magic in You (rubber stamp set), Penny Black sentiment set "Eloquence"
- Martha Stewart Vintage Floral Punch
- Copic Markers, Lace, Jeweled Stickers
Playing in the following challenges please:
- The Path of Positivity Challenge #32 Gratefulness (blurb written in last paragraph of my post) 10/7
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog and Design Team Call - #23 - Use a stamp or digi stamp (I have used both : Bugaboo's Digital Pretty Flower Girl, Penny Black sentiment set "Eloquence" - 12/1
- Crafty Time Challenges - Nov - EMBELLISH IT! Lace, Glittered EP, Jeweled Flourishes and dotted "I"s, Die Cuts 12/1
- Sparkles Challenge #73 Pearls or Lace 11/15 (lace)
- The Crafty Addicts - #4 Anything Goes Using Die Cuts (I have used 4 shown in the products listing) 12/3
- Crafting by Designs - Nov 4 - Anything Goes November Edition! 11/26 (sep post)
- Fab N Funky Challenges - #280 Die cuts and Punches (I have used 4 die sets and a Martha Stewart border punch 11/11
- Dies R Us Challenge - #36 Fall (used fall colors in a Gratitude theme) 11/13
- Whimsy Inspires Challenges #87 Fall Colors 11/17 (brown, orange, gold, copper)
Hope your crafting week has been creative!