My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Spring Time Glitter and Die Cuts {Scrapy Land #15}

Welcome to my projects for the 15th Scrapy Land Challenge!


Today's green projects feature the Die-Namites "It's Spring" with:

A7 size Spellbinders Card Creators dies and Spellbinders Grands 
with an A2 size Die-Namites die. 

I have also created an A8 size card using the A2 size Die-Namites die and a Sue Wilson Gemini Series Phoenix Set

In addition are two very simple A2 (4.5" by 5.5") cards.

It was fun combining the shapes and three sizes.


Challenge #15 is open from April 15 until April 26. 
The theme is "ANYTHING GOES" using any die manufacturer which Scrapy Land sells".  Scrapy Land sells over 40 brands of dies, including overseas products, and many are discounted.
The prize is a $15 gift card - good for anything in the Scrapy Land store!

My cards feature the following Scrapy Land dies.
(for all the dies used, please see the product list at bottom of post)

This should give you an idea of the size of the Die-Namites "It's Spring" die. 
(It is not adhered to the cardstock yet)
It cut cleanly in my Grand Calibur with one try (the white paper is 110 pound).


Simple card on pearly Star-Dream cardstock:

The green and white cards are size A7 (5" x 7"). They are made entirely of WHITE CARDSTOCK. The white layer is covered with Sparkle N Sprinkle Mountain Mint Velvet Glitter.


The glitter changes color with any movement. This photo was taken at the same time and in the same place as the photo above:

The leaves were also die cut with white cardstock, inked, and coated with Sparkle N Sprinkle Green Iris Ultrafine Glitter.

Here is a flat card for mailing (using a different card creator frame):

There is a strip of 3/4" Tear-ific tape on the inside of these cards, burnished with more Mountain Mint glitter.

I made a larger A8 size card. In the US, flat A8 cards still use a single postage stamp, unless the card weighs more than 1 ounce. This one is dimensional, so it will cost a little more:

A close-up of the featured die cut and dimensional layers. The Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish is coated with Sparkle N Sprinkle Waterscape Ultrafine Glitter. The flowers were "striped" with a little Copic Marker "pink".


Close up of the Sue Wilson Gemini Series Phoenix Set:

My favorite is the white on white card. I really like the details of the featured die!


Show us "your stuff" for this fortnight's challenge at Scrapy Land! We love being inspired by your pretty cards and projects.

Products Used:
  • Scrapy Land Memory Box Creekside Leaves MBD 98816
  • Scrapy Land Memory Box Chloe Stem MBD 98321
  • Scrapy Land Die-Namites "It's Spring" DN-1163
  • Scrapy Land - Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish B117
  • Scrapy Land - Sue Wilson Gemini Series Phoenix Set CED4401
  • Scrapy Land - Spellbinders Card Creator Sets
  • Scrapy Land - Spellbinders Grand Die Sets
  • Spellbinders A7 Card Creator Basics A
  • Spellbinders A7 Detailed Scallops
  • Spellbinders A7 Elegant Labels 4
  • Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty-three
  • Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
  • LifeStyle nesting scalloped hearts
  • MS Lace Doily and Flower border punches.
  • Floral Wire (for embellishments)
  • Recollections white flowers, jewel flowers and pearls
  • Sparkle N Sprinkle: Mountain Mint Velvet Glitter, Green Iris Ultrafine Glitter, Waterscape Ultrafine Glitter, Double-sided Super Adhesive sheets and .75 inch and 2.5 inch Double Sided Tear-ific Tapes
  • Perfect Paper Adhesive, Prima Flowers, Copic Markers, Dimensionals
  • Hero Arts mini salutations
  • Cardstock: white, navy, pink, StarDream Pink

Sweet Challenges I am playing in:

  1. Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges (April) Anything Goes with G & EP (loose glitters listed above) 4/30
  2. Creative Card Crew - #84 Handmade Flowers (navy-white-pink card - the flowers are handmade) 4/12
  3. Die Cuttin' Divas - #209 Anything Goes with a die cut (several die cuts in the cards, but all feature the same "It's Spring" die cut) 4/5
  4. Through the Craft Room Door - (Mar 31-Apr 6) Anything Goes 4/6
  5. Artistic Inspirations Challenges #128 Anything Goes with Flowers (navy-white-pink card - the flowers are handmade, and green card has flowers and leaves) 4/11
  6. Cards In Envy - (Mar 16) Spring CAS only submitting my A2 pink/white card and my A2 white on white card) 4/11 
  7. Crafting from the Heart #53 - Anything Goes - 4/4
  8. Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #221 Anything Goes 4/7

Stamping hugs,

47 comments:

Paula said...

Wow Donna, you have outdone even your own creative self! I love all the combinations of the dies; it makes the eyes look deeper at all the layers they create; I have to say the white on white is a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Shirley said...

Hello my friend, you own some beautiful dies and what you make with them is amazing. The pleasure you get from making these cards just shines through in your work.

More stunning makes Donna.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Sharon said...

Gosh Donna. These are all fabulous and beautifully embellished. I adore the die.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. X,

Sue said...

The cards are stunning.

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous collection Donna! What a fancy die cut, I love that you made it the focus and not just the background! Love the way you can use one die and make so many different styles of cards! Amazing! hugs :)

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo meine liebe Freundin Donna,

ich kann gar nicht sagen wie sehr ich deine Werke bewundere. Jedes ist immer mit so viel Liebe gestaltet. Wunderschöne Stanzschablonen hast du verwendet und ich bin absolut begeistert.
Ganz herzlich möchte ich dir danken für deine lieben und tröstenden Worte. Es hat mich wirklich wieder einmal arg getroffen. Aber ich muss trotzdem wieder nach vorn schauen so schwer es auch manchmal fällt. Aber meine lieben Blogfreunde und das basteln geben mir Kraft.
Ich wünsche dir und deinen Lieben von Herzen ein wunderschönes Osterfest. Ganz herzliche Knuddelgrüße Hugs Silvi

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Donna, such a gorgeous die. I love the fresh green and white together, perfect for spring. The black and white is really effective as well with just the little splashes of pink. It goes without saying that the White on White is absolutely stunning.
I really love this die but I must resist, I have no room for any more stash.
I hope you are well.
Pauline
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is an awesome die Donna. You have showcased it beautifully. What a gorgeous array of cards.My favorite is the white on white one. Simply elegant and beautiful.

Lori Kobular said...

Donna ~ I love all the cards, they are just so elegant! Love all the glitter on the green ones and those pearls are perfect!

maria f. said...

Such a beautiful die cut. I love how you've paired it with black and light pink.

Anne Temple said...

I love how you show so many variations using the same set of dies! All of these are stunning but I think I like the white on white the best too.

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cards! The white one with the dove is perfect for our challenge! Flat enough to go in an envy and just beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

E. Marie said...

Donna, these are all gorgeous. I love that spring background die and all the beautiful cards you made with it. It is amazing how different they look when you change the color of the cardstock.

Lady E said...

Oh my!!! What a gorgeous cards:) Love all :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Donna, you've outdone yourself again! These are all so beautiful! What gorgeous dies you've used! All the colours are so pretty! Too hard to pick a favourite from all this wonderful sparkly goodness! Hope you're doing well, my friend.

Hugs,
Kitty

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a beautiful die and I love all the creative ways you used it.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW, wow, wow Donna I am blown away by the wonderful beauty of these creations they are awesome. Superb creativity the dies and colours you have used are stupendous, well done.
hugs
lorraine x

Embellishments said...

WOW Donna, these are all so beautiful!!! I most say the white on white is my fav too :-) Those dies are so intricate! Love them :-)
{{hugs}} Steff

Patricia St Martin said...

OMGoodness! These are wonderful, each and everyone of them. You get so creative with the dies you use and I love that, you go beyond creativity. Love that Die-Namites one It's Spring, will have to get that one when you added the card creator fame and pearls, it is stunning. Just a stunning job.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous selection of cards Donna. You always use dies to their full potential as these designs show. I love your choice of colours and embellishments.
hugs Sue xx

Jean Bullock said...

So pretty. Love the cards and how you used those wonderful dies. I did some pinning. Here is my favorite of the cards. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765607536867/

pam said...

OMW you have been busy Donna, love these beautiful creations, one background die, yet so many variation with lovely colours and details..AMAZING!!!
Hugs Pam

Stampsnob. said...

Gorgeous gorgeous dies Love both the cards ,the bird cage is eye catching and the colors (sorry) to die for ...Lis

MaryH said...

OK...now you are making me try to decide which colorway I like best! I can't do it!!! Each is just awesome, and I am loving that gorgeous big die. Was at SnS today buying some EP, Glitter, Flocking and other powders and am now wondering if I got some of that awesome green color. Does it EVER look like lush spring! Great work on each card here, and I like the white card too. So very elegant. TFS & Big hugs. Loving the tiny bird gif at the end of your post too. Ah, just so cute.

brenda said...

Glorious creations Donna, I am especially drawn to the fresh Spring green creations and all those pretty pearls, a real feast for the eyes.

Wishing you a Happy Easter.

B x

Eret said...

Amazing cards, Donna. Even though you used same die, they all look very different. My favorite is the green card with your stunning flowers.
Happy Easter!
Eret

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow beautiful designs Donna, I especially love the flowers you've added. I hope you are doing well and have a wonderful Easter weekend, Shirleyxx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great cards , really beautifull for this Easter time, have a nice Spring time and enjoy!!!

Greetings
MAria

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, delicate, intricate, and so springy! Wow! My fave might be the white on black with the pink flowers, but I do so love the green, and white on white is always a winner in my book. Gee, guess I just love them all!

KraftyKoolKat said...

What fantastic creations Donna. They are all so beautiful and delicate.
Happy Easter sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Benzi said...

De, you know how to use those dies and the glitter on your cards is just super. Wow! I don't know which I love best. You've used some beautiful flowers, too.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the different cards with just the same beautiful die-cut -love the black and white one
Carol x

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, you are amazing, Donna!! These are all so gorgeous!! I love all of the dies you used!! You decorated each card beautifully!! The details you add are perfect!! Gorgeous, gorgeous cards - love them all!! I hope you and your family have a very happy Easter :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amelia Breytenbach said...

The cards are stunning Donna! The dies are so beautiful. I admire the way you used them in such a creative way. Have a wonderful day.
Amelia

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful Donna. Just love how that ornate die gives such elegance to your designs. Especially love the black, white and pink one.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anne Temple said...

I'm back again to say how glad I am that you shared these with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Zora said...

Beautyful and lovely embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

Karenladd said...

Love how you show the die cut on different colored card bases and WOW, can't believe that fabulous glittery card!! I'll bet that one is spectacular in person! My other favorite version is the white on white. So elegant and pretty!! You are a pro at mixing and matches different die cuts for a creative result!

Janis said...

Absolutely exquisite, Donna!!! LOVE how you give us a whole banquet of cards in different colors and variations to enjoy. These dies are just beautiful and your work is always stunning!!!

As usual, I just want to study your posts and glean from your techniques and skilled artistry. Amazing, Donna.....and "Amazing Donna"! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Becca Cruger said...

Wow!!! These cards are so amazing with their sparkly gorgeousness and die cut overlays. I looooove those gorgeous blooms you put on them, too! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog post. I'm totally signing up to follow over here, too!

Shirley said...

Wow, Donna, I don't know where to begin! You are so creative and each card created with the same die is so beautifully unique and different! I really like floral simplicity on the first, the lovely border down the side on the second, your pearl border treatment on the third, and the sophisticated look of the third with the black and pink against the white. You have really inspired me to get busy!!!

Shirley said...

PS, I forgot to say I agree on how the White on White looks, but they are all lovely!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the way you have shown the die in different styles...stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

E. Marie said...

Donna, now I get the pleasure of commenting again in an official capacity. Your card is stunning and I love the die you used. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Carol Hurlock said...

What a beautiful die cut card! You really rocked that die to perfection. Your flowers are just lovely too!
Bear Hugs,
Carol