plus free shipping over $45!
(for all the dies used, please see the product list at bottom of post)
|Scrapy Land Marvelous Squares (Majestic Elements) S4-383 by Spellbinders|
Scrapy Land Luscious Labels One (Nestabilities) S4-426 by Spellbinders
Scrapy Land Bitty Blossoms S5-086 by Spellbinders
Scrapy Land Chloe Stem by Memory Box
Scrapy Land Catalina Border (floral) MBD98123 by Memory Box
Scrapy Land Border Duo 2 by Impression Obsession
I was going to make two flat cards and one full of froufrou - honest I was!
I made the card below for fellow blogging friend Paula of "Look, I'm Stamping".
Although we frequently Skype, the card was hand-delivered when we met in person at the Stampfest by the Bay Convention 2 weeks ago.
Paula is on the right with beautiful red hair, sparkly eyes and a gorgeous smile.
I couldn't contain myself - flowers were crying out to be created!
(love the Chloe Stem by Memory Box - it brings happiness and pleasant curves to floral projects)
When heat embossing on surfaces like this, be sure to use an anti-static bag of some sort (like Embossing Buddy) prior to stamping the image, otherwise the textures will grab some of the EP.
Did you notice that the Border Duo 2 and Catalina Border have been layered and heat embossed?
The following card is my favorite because of the Amethyst colors:
A tiny jewel peeks out of the arrangement:
I still love how the Pearl EP slightly changes the Catalina Border here. It is the same cardstock as the frames, but heat embossed. The Catalina Border is versatile - use it as a border, or cut it up.
We SL designers love being inspired by your projects at Scrapy Land Challenge! Enter as often as you like!
- Scrapy Land Marvelous Squares (Majestic Elements) S4-383 by Spellbinders
- Scrapy Land Luscious Labels One (Nestabilities) S4-426 by Spellbinders
- Scrapy Land Bitty Blossoms S5-086 by Spellbinders
- Scrapy Land Chloe Stem by Memory Box
- Scrapy Land Catalina Border (floral) MBD98123 by Memory Box
- Scrapy Land Border Duo 2 by Impression Obsession
- Spellbinders Scallop Labels One
- Cardstock: Black Glossy, Medium and Pale gray, charcoal, Almost Amethyst, Pink, Pale Plum, White
- Image: Penny Black "Single Rose" 3577K, sentiment "Infinite Beauty" by IO
- Embossing Powders: Sparkle N Sprinkle Silver EP179, Pearl EP123 (on floral arrangement pieces and border)
- Martha Stewart: Laurel Leaf and Deco Fans Punch around the Page
- Acrylic Paints: (mine are OLD OLD Luna Lights and Createx Pearlescent paints) Dick Blick still sells Createx in an assortment of textures and colors.
Fun Challenges to which my cards have been entered:
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday #73 Anything Goes With a Die Cut - 2/23
- Papertake Weekly (Feb 17) Bingo (diagonally ribbon-free-blooms - thin black metallic ribbon on the middle card on both borders, and pretty pink leafy ribbon on the first card - both have flowers embossed either on the inside or out, and the one card also has a hand-made floral arrangement ) 2/23
- Party Time Tuesdays #195 Anything Goes - leave 2 comments 3/3
- Through the Craft Room Door - (Feb 17-23) Anything Goes
- Top Tip Tuesday - (Feb 17) Use Rubber Stamps Only (The rose is stamped and heat embossed on each card - the "business size" card also has a stamped and heat embossed sentiment on the inside - shown above. Technique tip for the paint is shown near the top of the post. The other tips are shown above in photos for heat embossing on textured surfaces, the die cutting and using EP on die cuts). 2/23
- Country View Challenges P1 - Feb 1, "Drips and Drops" - paint was drizzled and dropped onto black glossy cardstock and smooshed with another sheet of black glossy. Technique shown near top of blog post 3/1
- Sparkle N Sprinkle - P1 - Feb 1 "Anything Goes with EP" (used silver EP on rose, Pearl EP on the floral arrangements, sentiment and borders) 3/1
- Crafting from the Heart - #47 Anything Goes 2/22
Lots of Stamping Hugs,
(like my signature? The colors and water resemble the paint technique in my cards!)