my dear blogging friends, and my newest followers - Penny and "Fit Kitty", - and my latest friends from Bloglovin and other Readers!
2 chances to win
the 1st with our "Snow One Like You" Release Contest
the 2nd with the SNS monthly challenge!
As you discovered last month, Sparkle N Sprinkle has changed things up a bit. At the beginning of each month, one or two new affordably-priced sets will be featured on our Facebook Page, Blog, Jazzy Jill's Technique Video for the month, Designers' Blogs, and our Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges Blog, where the monthly theme is always "Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking." (There are three winners each month, badges and awards too!)
How to Party with Us:
On one of the participating blogs below, a Commenter will be selected to receive the prize.
AND AND AND
Did you know Silver is very difficult to photograph? No matter what the light conditions, I could not capture the real colors. The card looks amazing in person!
It's a detail EP, so you would not think that a single coat would cover white cardstock so completely, but it did.
The sentiment is embossed in the same EP, and is glittery as well, yet the pretty detail of the calligraphy in the letters is still clearly visible.
First I cut the pretty heart border from white cardstock, smooshed on the VersaMark, and dumped on the EP to heat set.
when using EPs that contain other ingredients, shake well before using and "dredge" the area being covered.
The effect really is quite exquisite.
The metallic layer which looks blue is actually a silvery lavender - the same color as the little snowman.
Every layer but the metallic cardstock has lots of glitter.
To achieve these looks, check out my complete directions here.
It was fun making this card!
Even the white background behind the woven ribbon is all glittery!
The texture of the glitter in the Silver Lightning EP shows up best below, but the colors are much darker than the actual card:
SNS "Snow One Like You" stamp set #515
SNS "Flourishes One" stamp set #516
SNS Silver Lightning Detail EP with Glitter in it (EP262)(background with heart border)
SNS Starfire Ultrafine Glitter (G1017) (base white card)
SNS Super Adhesive Sheets SAS02
3/4” Light Silver Satin Ribbon (RRR)
This card has been submitted to the following wonderful challenges:
- Crimbo Crackers - #51 Christmas Embossing (lots of Silver Embossing Powder) ends Oct 9
- Simon Says Monday's Challenge - Say It With Stamps - (a single word or a lot!) Sometimes a single word says it all - ends Oct 7
- Crafts4Eternity - #143 Anything Goes - ends Oct 4
- Cute Card Thursday - #288 Pretty Ribbons - ends Oct 3 (3/4" satin ribbon woven in card)
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges - #98 Punches and Dies - (7 dies and punches) ends Oct 4, ann'd Oct 11
- Paper Pretties Challenge - #277 No Patterned Paper - (only contains white and silver blue CS) ends Oct 2.
- ChristmasCardChallenges - #44 Anything Goes Christmas -ends Oct 6
- Scribble and Scrap - #2 Anything Goes - ends Oct 11