It's time to share a Project using TEXTURE for the new Moving Along With The Times Challenge!
We hope you can play along. Challenge #78's theme is TEXTURE - just make sure your project contains texture and share it!
My card share is a little different from anything I've done before, using a combination of High Gloss Black Mirror Cardstock, Silver Chequer Handmade Paper by Tonic, Glitter Tinsel in Silver Leaf, Black Ice Ultrafine Glitter, Sassy Silver Ultrafine Glitter and even Nuvo Crystal Drops in Wedgewood Blue.
First, I cut the mirror cardstock to 5.25" x 7.25". A piece of black cardstock was folded as a base at 5.5" x 7.5". I trimmed highly textured handmade paper into 1" strips. On top of the mirror cardstock, place any width of Tear-ific Tape horizontally. I used 1.5" tape. The tape could also be applied diagonally, vertically or in any wonky manner pleasing to you:
Next I pulled off the protective covering, laying the 1" strips of handmade paper in the center of the tape, carefully avoiding the exposed tape:
Using glitter, beads, ribbon or embossing powder, burnish them into the exposed tape:
It's a great way of using up strips of left over paper, or odd leftovers of glitters. Try alternating the glitter colors, or mix them together. Here I used just a single blend of Glitter Tinsel in Silver Leaf.
Here is a close-up of the combined textures with glossy silver cardstock and detail black embossing powder:
Finished card is quite sparkly in real life with marvelous shine, too:
Some products I had fun using:
- 1.5" Tear-ific Tape (double sided)
- High Gloss Black Mirror Cardstock
- Handmade Paper by Tonic - Silver Chequer
- Happiness Greetings Rubber Stamp Set (also available digitally)
- Glitter Tinsel in Silver Leaf GT3004
- Black Detail embossing powder EP171
- Black Ice Ultrafine Glitter G1020
- Sassy Silver Ultrafine Glitter G1050
- Tonic Autumnal Oak die set
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in Wedgewood Blue
- Spellbinders Labels Four
- Silver Glossy cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Craftaholics R Us #33 Anything Goes 8/23
- Crafty Creations Challenges #372 Anything Goes 8/20
- Word Art Wednesday (348-349) Anything Goes with Loving Words 8/29
Thanks for stopping by!