Using Sparkle N Sprinkle's Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter is probably my favorite technique at the moment because it's so EASY to achieve beautiful results.
- Cover White cardstock with Super Adhesive Sheets (or any ultra sticky double-stick tapes)
- Cut the white panel to the size/shape desired.
- Pull off the protective top sheet of the sticky paper and apply a little Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter.
- Rub glitter into Adhesive Sheet, tap off excess.
- Burnish remaining glitter, to bring out the sparkle.
- Apply any outline style sticker on top of the Velvet Glitter.
- Press firmly so sticker is firmly adhered.
- Use regular markers, watercolor pencils or watercolor crayons to color (Copics can also be used).
- (With a Dove Blender pen, I pulled the color directly off the crayons and blended on top of the glitter, within the lines of the sticker. The middle of the butterfly has some "smudged" blue just above and below the body to add "dimension" to the sticker.
- That's all there is to it!
Shimmer semi-transparent embossing powder offers a chance to DISTRESS with sparkling, silvery-blue-pink glitter encased in clear EP. (on Cheery Lynn tropical flourish die cut)
For more dimension, the pearl stickers and tropical flourish die cut are woven so that they are partly beneath each other, and partly on top.
The pearl stickers are pretty, but sometimes that "sticker-stuff" shows between the rhinestones or pearls, and detracts from the card. Sprinkle on matching glitter to make the clear, shiny sticker part invisible.
TIP: If your background is not glittered, try using any color complimentary glitter between your pearls or rhinestones. The effect is still pretty. There is an example here, (5th photo from the bottom, using white pearl flourish with green glitter between the pearls).
The Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die on the inside, is also inked with VersaMark and heat embossed with the same gorgeous Shimmer EP from Sparkle N Sprinkle.
Do you ever hoard your supplies without meaning to?
I KNOW you do!
This particular hoarded supply has now been shared with several friends - it is years (and years and years) old - it is the pretty Butterfly Sticker - I had about 10 sheets of it in gold, and another 10 in silver (grin) - I really am not tired of it - because I love the sticker, and I love the technique.
Mostly, it was hoarded because I forgot about the stickers until December - and I've been trying to use them up (smile)
Words Had Wings 3575-451B
Memento's Paris Dusk Dye Ink (inside sentiment)
Staz-on Ultramarine Solvent Ink Pad (cover sentiment)
SNS Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter (microfine) GM2000
SNS Super Adhesive Sheets SAS02 (double sided)
SNS Brushable Glue #540
SNS Double Sided Tear-ific Tape SAT01
Dove Blender Pen
SNS Shimmer EP
SB Embossing Folder (M-Bossibilities EL-002 )
SB Grand Nestabilities Labels One
CL Tropical Flourish Die
CL Fanciful Flourish Die (inside)
Lyra Aquacolor Crayons
Class A Peel Stickers (any stickers having an outline, open interior)
Cardstock: Chiffon Yellow, Pale Blue, Blue, White
Biblical Impressions sentiment stamp
This card has been entered into the following fabulous challenges:
Creative Moments Challenges #14 - Things with Wings
Whimsical Designs Challenges - Shaped Cards
Everybody Art Challenge - #230 Shaped Cards
Cheery Lynn Designs - Back to Nature (Butterfly) - dies are on outside and inside of card
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Use it Tuesday - #52 All About Spring
Vickie's Challenges - April's Anything Goes
NEW A Little Bit Crafty - First Challenge - Anything Goes
NEW Emmas Cards UK - #15 Butterflies
Thank you for stopping by!