"Twigs" reminds me that there are seasons in our lives -- each one bringing precious possibilities.
But there are also seasons of hard work, self-discipline, poor health, sadness, and even tragedy.
My friends had always told me that I'm a very sweet, tenderly kind-hearted person. Probably I was, but the events that led to the New Possibilities, made me realize that something was amiss.
It involved a lot of risk-taking, prayer, sacrifice, and over-coming many fears. But now I am true -- all because I was willing to see what the Possibilities were during a catastrophic season.
- To find gratitude for seemingly small things during our hardships.
- To be grateful for being our true selves, despite how others might possibly perceive us, or make us feel.
- To be humble, yet proud, for looking at previously unlooked-for possibilities during the unpleasant events in our lives (or even during Joyous events!).
- To be patient as others journey similarly, knowing we cannot understand what people may be experiencing as they interact with us.
This is a 6.25" x 6.25" card (approx 16cm)
The largest scallop on top is coated with Sparkle N Sprinkle: Diamond Dust Glitter, Jasper Blue Microfine Glitter, By The Lake Embossing Powder, and some white mica flakes.
The large white circular matt is covered with Diamond Dust Glitter.
The sentiments are computer generated. I covered up a huge ink blob next to the word "of" with that white snowflake - not the best alternative, but that's what was on hand (smile).
The "song" and frame on the card base are coated first with Diamond Dust Glitter and then with Jasper Blue Microfine Glitter to fill in the spaces from the larger glitter. The snowflakes are covered with the same combination.
Creative Bug Designs (scroll down to see "Twigs the Snowman"
Computer Generated Sentiment
Copic Markers, Pool Dye Base Ink, VersaMarker
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up! and Bazzill blues
Adhesives: SNS Brushable Glue, Aileen's Quick Dry Tacky, Dimensionals Spellbinders: Grand Stately Circles LF-019, Grand Scallop Circles LF-249
Punches: Martha Stewart Snowflake Trim, Himalayan Snowflake, SU Oval and Scallop Oval
MISC: Ribbon, cardinal button, white mica flakes
Sparkle N Sprinkle: Diamond Dust Glitter, Jasper Blue Microfine Glitter, By The Lake Embossing Powder
Fun Challenges I'm playing in:
- Craft-dee BowZ - August "Anything Goes" 8/30 (bow made with CDB tool)
- Christmas Cards All Year Long - August - "Sparkles" - (glitter, more glitter, and mica flakes) 8/30
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge - #43 "Snowflakes" - embellies are "doubled" snowflake punches and a brad. 8/30
- Winter Wonderland Challenge - August - "Anything Goes Christmas" 8/30
- Sweet Stampin' Challenge - August - ?Anything Christmas" 8/30
- A Gem of a Challenge - #126 Stitching (I used a sewing machine around the top image panel) 8/28
- 613 Avenue Creation Challenge - #85 Anything Goes - 8/25
- Christmas Card Challenges - #38 Embossing 8/25 (By The Lake Embossing Powder around the outside scallop edge of the top of my card. It is mixed with glitter and mica flakes as well. I hand blended these three items to adhere with the wet EP.
- Sentimental Sundays Challenge - #220 Monochromatic Theme - blue tones 8/25
- The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge - #75 Anything Goes 8/21