Greetings, blogging friends! SO HAPPY you are here!
I have some fun news to share!
Ta-Daaaaa! Today is my first card share using dies from Scrapyland where I have joined several talented artists in the all new DESIGN TEAM!
We will be featuring a "new and improved" Challenge Blog on the first and third Wednesdays with prizes and awards! Challenge Rules are here. It all begins on September 3! Hope to see you there!
Do you ever make promises to yourself, and then put everyone else (and every "thing" else) in front of the promises? It's a bad habit of mine.
Every month, I promise myself to participate in certain challenges, and the time always gets away from me.
This month I decided NO MATTER WHAT, I would play in the HM challenge.
And then the photography would not cooperate! BAH!
Four days and nearly 100 photos, later, I am still dissatisfied.
This card glistens and sparkles beautifully, but the camera refused to capture it. I'm so sorry for the shoddy photography, because the card is really pretty. I promise it does not look slightly "icky" wherever the distressed glitter appears. (giggle)
The first challenge: House Mouse and Friends Challenge (absolutely NO COLOR on the HM image!)
The card uses this week's MOJO Monday sketch:
My shoulders spasmed and made the left side go crazy LOL
(that is why my card designs are results of covering up mistakes and blunders)
One of my favorite dies is the Spellbinders Blossoms (the roses shown in my card), available at a discount at Scrapyland.
This is the only photo which even remotely captures the amazing glitteriness. The Chunky Diamond Dust and Luau Green Microfine glitters are both from Sparkle N Sprinkle. See the Diamond Dust in the tear drops of the circle, too? As well as the holes in the MS border punch?
Thanks for sharing my happy news today!
Scrapyland Spellbinders Blossoms (the roses shown in my card)
Scrapyland Spellbinders Circles and Teardrop Circles
House Mouse Daisy Throwing stamp
House Mouse You Make Me Smile stamp
Sparkle N Sprinkle Chunky Diamond Dust and Luau Green Microfine glitter
The rest is old stuff from my stash
Fun Challenges I'm playing in:
- House Mouse and Friends Challenge - #176 Leave the image uncolored - with thinking of you 8/25
- MOJO MONDAY Challenges - #359 Sketch - 8/25
- A Gem of a Challenge - #126 Stitching - 8/28
- STAMPlorations Challenges - August - Use Stamp(s) and Die Cut(s) 8/31
- ALBC - August - "Sew What?" Stitching from Sewing Machine 8/31
- Crafts Galore - August - Anything Goes 8/31
- Sparkle N Sprinkle - August - Anything Goes (2 colors of glitter shown) 8/25
- Natalie and Amy challenges - #23 Die cuts and Flowers 8/30
- Mema's Challenges - August - Anything Goes 8/30
- Crafty Girl Challenges - #25 Anything Goes 9/4
- We Do Doobadoo Challenges - #13 Add Textures (layers, glitters of different sizes, ribbons, stitching) 9/13
- Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #43 Anything Goes 8/29