First, thank you for your prayers and good wishes. I can sit up for brief periods of time now, and hope to craft a little and to resume visiting more blogs each day.
Second, before this "icky stuff" attacked my body, I had the good fortune of joining the incredible artists on the Fashionista Design Team!
This is my first card for Fashionista, and also my first card ever using a Magnolia stamp! (hanging head in shame as everyone clicks their tongues in disbelief) smile...
The Challenge at Fashionista this month is titled "Terrific Tilda - Anything Goes!"
Besides, I LOVE running through the rain! (though these days it may not be called "running" haha)
Besides, it is perfect for this month's Path of Positivity Challenge which is about Strength and Courage.
The motivational quote is, "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have." by Cayla Mills
Shown in my card - After the Storm come Sunshine, Flowers and Butterflies. Those three hopeful things represent a number of Wonders which contribute to our lives each day. To me, Strength and Courage include:
- Having the courage and strength to forge and enjoy life under any circumstances
- Finding the Beauty in Life during those "difficult times"
- Possessing a Loving Heart despite what appears to be happening around us
- Doing what is right because we know it to be right
That Special Inner Courage and Strength also guides us to constantly strive to higher "planes" than we otherwise would have explored.
Little "Drip Drop Tilda" is enjoying the rain, and egging Mr. Sun to appear so that her friends in the garden of life can enjoy themselves more fully. She is colored with Copic Markers (via very shaky hands), and mostly adorned with die cuts and layers.
The tulle was dyed with Memento Summer Sky and Danube Blue inks and woven through the Martha Stewart punch around the page.
The glitter is applied around the rhinestones where otherwise that clear adhesive would show. Instead of using clear, Electric Blue Glitter was used for a wee bit of drama.
Submitted to these wonderful challenges:
- Path of Positivity Challenge - #3 - Strength and Courage (featured above in 4 paragraphs)
- You Me and Magnolia - #14 Anything Goes (unable to upload)
- Created With Love - #44 Anything Goes
- Tammy's Scrapin Corner - #65 Add Extra Texture (woven tulle, embellishments, fabric rick rack, folded sun)
- Inky Chicks - #5 - Use a Magnolia stamp (Drip Drop Tilda)
- Magnolia's "Drip Drop Tilda" (darling little rainy-day image) [if interested in this special edition image, please click here, and then enter "drip drop" in the search engine. It is currently only available for export from Europe]
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Blue Lightning Glitter G1008
- Spellbinders S4-117 Petite Scallop Circles
- Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One
- Spellbinders Butterflies and Dragonflies shapeabilities - retired
- Spellbinders Carnation Creations
- Cottage Cutz Button Flower
- Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork
- Martha Stewart Scalloped Teardrop PAP
- Cheery Lynn Tropical Flourish
- Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish
- Recollections flowers and rhinestone flourish
- Tulle (white dyed with blue Memento), yellow rick rack
- Papers: SU blues and yellows, DCWV old old pad blues and yellows,
- Copics, Memento Summer Sky and Danube Blue
- Adhesives: Aileen's Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Dimensionals
As always, the warmest of hugs to you,