From what I see on your blogs, it seems most of you are just beginning to thaw out from Winter's Icy Grip. But here in central Florida, we have been in the 90s! Yikes!
The geraniums are already wilting from the heat :-(
ABC (All Beautiful Cards) has a challenge this week to create a card using Stamped Backgrounds.
After the Tria inks dried, I stamped Hero Arts Petal Etchings flowers in Galaxy Gold, Pearlescent Blue and Pearlescent Lime Brilliance inks all over the background.
It really is pretty, as the paper is glossy naturally, then the pretty Tria ink colors, and finally the pearly and metallic inks stamped atop. Lovely muted background with shimmer and gloss.
Totally Gorjuss Cards has a Water Theme challenge this week - perfect for this incredible angel fish by Rubber Stampede which has been stamped in Graphite Black Brilliance Ink and heat set. A few Copics were used to enhance the color in the image.
For visual interest and texture, glitter is absolutely necessary, right?
SNS Laser Blue Glitter did the trick and was applied with Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. (If you do not have one of these pens, you ***NEED*** one. (smile)
TIP: Sakura's Quickie Glue Pen is great for embossing powder, glitter and flocking. It is also useful if tiny amounts of adhesive are needed on fine die cuts or corners. It even dries on non-porous surfaces, like glossy cardstock and photos.
Texture Texture TEXTURE - Shine, metalics, glitz, fibers, and a highly distressed sea horse charm. The charm was lightly inked with VersaMarker - two colors of EP applied (see below), and then a quick, light dip into my all time favorite embossing powder - SPARKLE - the charm now looks like something which came from the bottom of the sea.
Also for visual interest, the MS punch around the page was only used on two sides of the mat layer. Two colors of yarn fibers were laced through the openings. The new Spellbinders Curved Borders created an interesting black card base, where even more glitter has been applied.
- Embossing powders by Sparkle N Sprinkle to distress brass seahorse charm: Pear EP420, Sparkle, Mediterranean EP417
- Glitter courtesy of Sparkle N Sprinkle: Laser Blue G1074
- Adhesives: Aileen's Quick Dry, Sarkura Quickie Glue Pen
- Stamps: Rubber Stampede Angel Fish 15218 (old old), Echinacea Leaf (unknown, old as dirt)
- Martha Stewart Flourish Lace PAP
- Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One
- Cardstock: Glossy white, Black, Chartreuse, Turquoise
- Inks: Tria Inks (before alcohol inks became available), Brilliance Inks (Galaxy Gold, Graphite Black, Pearlescent Blue, Pearlescent Lime), VersaMarker (for charm), Copics were used for shading.
- Yarn fibers, seahorse charm
Submitted to the following much beloved Challenges:
- ABC All Beautiful Cards - #29 Stamped Backgrounds (echinacea leaf stamped in 3 colors all over the background of the fish)
- Make It Monday - #141 Anything Goes Challenge
- Melonheadz Friends - "Sparkle and Shine" Challenge - (shiny glossy cardstock and glitter embellishment and metallic, embossed charm)
- Scrappy Frogs - "Free choice Challenge"
- One Stop Craft Challenge - #229 Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss - #184 Water
Thank you for stopping by today!
always stamping hugs,