My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I'm Resisting - Back to Basics and Beyond

Hello, blogging friends!
Wishing you all the happiest of seasonal preparations throughout the month!


It's time for a brand new Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge!
For the next two weeks, join us by uploading an "Anything-Goes" project as long as you use any resist technique on it. The team has all kinds of inspiration and a variety of styles to view, so take a look! Hope to see yours there.

My card is a magical night time dance of snowflakes using two rubber stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle:


Hanging head in shame... because my planning was not satisfactory for this card. The watercolor paper should have been trimmed before stamping the images. The snowflakes were stamped with VersaMark and heat set with White Detail EP. The paper was then spritzed with water and Color Burst watercolor powders" were puffed" onto the wet paper. Both colors were very intense and made a magical night time party of snowflakes.


The edges of the watercolor paper are distressed with VersaFine Clair inks in Purple Delight and Warm Breeze Turquoise, then heat embossed with sparkling Sangria Star EP and Cerulean Star EP.


Embossed the Happy Holidays sentiment on vellum with Sangria EP (no glitter compared to Sangria Star EP)


Products Used:


Products:

Challenges I'd like to support:

  1. City Craft Challenge #442 "Snowflakes" 12/18

Happiness Hugs,

29 comments:

meg said...

The snowflakes look brilliant against the night time shades, great make

Chris said...

I love this technique Donna...your dancing snowflakes are gorgeous!
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Donna, pretty colours and great design - a fabulous technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

This is stunning, beautiful design and the deep background is perfect with your snowflakes!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow my friend such a beautiful Holiday card - love the beautiful snowflakes and background - another fabulous creation thanks for sharing!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Donna. A really treat for the eyes. God Bless you at this festive time. Have a good one.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Donna, I love the design, so much detail and your colours are fabulous, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love the layers, colours and wonderful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

Wow, Donna, this is absolutely stunning!! The colors are amazing!! You've showcased the beautiful snowflakes perfectly!! Gorgeous, my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

What a stunning card Donna! I love the non-traditional colors and the embossed snowflakes are gorgeous!

pam said...

OMW what a beautiful card Dee, love the fabulous colours and wonderful stamping.
Hugs Pam x

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a stunning card I just love it. Those snowflakes are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

Hiu Donna, Loving the card.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Dawn Phillips said...

I love all those deep jewel colours. Love Dawn x

Donna Phelan said...

Absolutely stunning! Such gorgeous colors and your snowflakes look like stained glass, can you see that?!?! YOWZA!!!

crafty-stamper said...

The embossed snowflakes look beautiful against the fabulous background --great technique
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Donna!! All of the depth and color you've achieved in your design look incredible!! I can't stop looking at it! Love the embossing and the vellun overlay with the sentiment too!! Fabulous as always my friend! HUGS

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, shame on you, Donna, for making such an utterly gorgeous card! Those snowflakes are gorgeous, like stained glass. Totally amazing! I think this card is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous colors for the background, such lovely stamping of the snowflakes, I love the touch of vellum over it with the sentiment! Hope you are having a good time getting ready to celebrate Christmas!
Love your blog banner!

Lily Allen said...

This design are really awesome. I love it.Thanks for sharing.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so unique. Love your bright dancing snowflakes. That is a great idea As always thank you for your inspiration!

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card and a lot of work but well worth it.
Great Christmas card

NanaConnie said...

I love how your resist worked out, Donna! Your color choices on the inks were perfect and the snowflakes just pop off the paper. The vellum for the sentiment is such a delightful touch. Love the stars border.
I'm off on my holiday travels and will check in with you as and when I can but will certainly see you upon my return on January 4. Merry Christmas, my friend. :-D

pinky said...

wow Donna, I just adore your snowflake card! The colours are so beautiful.

Lori Kobular said...

Donna this is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the beautiful colors in your snowflakes they remind me of a kaleidoscope! I wish I could make something as beautiful as this!! I love the night sky too!!

Sue said...

Donna, love how you used the resist method on those beautiful snowflakes floating through your night sky. The vellum sentiment piece looks lovely too.
I love using the color burst, but haven't mastered them as yet. Have a lot of samples on my table and some went into the garbage (overkill) but learning curve I guess. Beautiful card.

Hugs
Sue

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Donna! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I have begun subscribing to your blog, and I would love it if you subscribed to mine! https://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/ I am in awe of what you created here! Those snowflakes are amazing, how they show the colorburst colors. Did you mask or layer all of those snowflakes??? One of those cards I cannot figure out how you did it, but it's glorious. No head-hanging necessary at all! Merry Christmas! xoxo, Aimeslee

Mrs A. said...

I like the effect these two colours have produced on your card. Very magical. Hugs Mrs A.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Donna...so in love with the brilliance of the colors...Thank you so much for showing how you used the products.
Cheers
Dr Sonia