My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Aurora Fairy


Greetings, Blogging Friends!
It's time for a brand new Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge!

For the next two weeks, join us by uploading an "Anything-Goes" project as long as it uses our sketch. The team has all kinds of inspiration and a variety of styles to view, so take a look! Hope to see yours there.


In place of the "white square", I've used this darling heart die cut with embossed hearts.


The English Lace paper was stark white, so I rubbed Brilliance Lime Green Pearlescent ink over it, and distressed with hand-blended glitter embossing powder (combination of Bullfrog EP404 and Green Nugget Ultrafine glitter). (the heart die cut has also been distressed in the same way).

The fairy was heat embossed with an unexpectedly delicate color Pink Lady EP337. She was stamped on watercolor paper with VersaFine Clair Charming Pink, heat embossed, saturated with water, and colored with Zig and Tombow markers. A fine layer of pearlescent coloring was also added to the green dress.
 
A fine layer of pearlescent coloring was also added to the green dress:


Finished card:




Products Used:


Playing in the:
ScrapyLand100th Challenge 11/4 (used Tonic Heart Die, Tonic Fairy Die, Poppy Tag Die, Tutti Hearts Die set)

24 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Donna, love the layout and composition of your card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

brenda said...

Wow Donna, I adore your colour palette, it has such a lovely summery feel to it and the cleverly incorporated element and design really draws you into the focal image, great artwork.

B x

Monica said...

Hello, dear messenger of love and peace,
Your card is as beautiful as your heart. Such lovely spring colours and beauty all through out. Love it.

Monica

Chris said...

It's a beautiful card Donna, so fresh and pretty and girly, it's a great sketch, sweet fairy and lots of lovely sparkle!
hugs
xx

Donna said...

Lovely card, like your take on the sketch using a heart! Great color combo and so many beautiful details in your layers and embellishments!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Donna, sweet fairy image and lovely background, Kate x x

meg said...

Beautiful fresh shades of pink and green, great paper and ef, beautiful card

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Donna! I love all of the textures and that beautiful embossed fairy!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

Hi Donna, So pretty. I love the colours.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a stunning card I love it. That is a great sketch for inspiration. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Donna!! The fairy is beautiful!! I love the colors!! The textures are so amazing!! Stunning card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely fairy and gorgeous design based on the sketch

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Donna, lovely colours and great take on the sketch.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pia S said...

I love your darling fairy. I can tell you for certain I would never have thought of using pink embossing powder for the stamped lines, but wow, did that turn out nicely. Quite surprising, for me, but it looks fantastic!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful with all the pink and glitter. Fabulous fairy image.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Loving the green and pink combination. Your background is also fabulous! Beautiful layers and dimension and sparkle.

Conniecrafter said...

She is so cute, I love the coloring, such a pretty flower and I just love how you did the sentiment, pretty shape tag and love the hearts with it!

Dawn Phillips said...

The pink and green together make a lovely combination. Love Dawn x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is lovely Donna.

Gr Karin

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful colors, a favorite color combo for a lot of us! I love the glitz and your layers, of course. :) That fairy is so sweet, the texture is awesome, that flower is divine and I love the little banner accent. This has an all over WOW factor!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, your beautiful embossing and sparkle! I do love that raggedy ribbon rose and burlap ribbon, too. Pure sweetness with the hearts. When I first started stamping I thought hearts were only for sweethearts, but I changed my tune and love them for most anything. Funny how I developed such a fondness for hearts. Anyway, Donna, this is simply darling!

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely stunning and adorable Donna! Really beautifully done with the heartfelt message to go with it! I love the combination of the embossing with the textured background and the hearts all come together beautifully on this design my friend!! Fantastic take on the sketch too! So happy to have a lovely friend in you! HUGS

Sherrie K. said...

This is so cute Donna! Your fairy is so stinken cute and I love the fun background and the sparkle!! Super cute my friend!
Have a great evening!
Thanks for joining us in the 100th Challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a fun card, Donna, and one of my favourite colour combos! The little girl is precious!

I'm getting the "prove you're not a robot" thing so I'll stop here. Hope to be back to visit again soon!

Sending hugs and well wishes your way!