Hi, everyone! Hoping you have been enjoying a pleasant week, and are playing with your crafting goodies.
Time for a new 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge! In August, we are sponsored by A Day For Daisies, where beautiful, instinctive works of art come to life! I loved playing with this image, and had to add a little seahorse so they could enjoy an interesting conversation.
Until the 28th of August, please share your critter creations with us, being sure that your animals are a featured element of the project! There will be a product winner and design team picks on September 1.
Featuring the graceful A Day For Daisies "Water Talk" Mermaid.
Inspired by The Library Challenge:
TIP FOR DIES:
Make a wonky frame using any of your nesting style dies - whether they be rectangles, squares, circles, shapes... as long as one can fit into another:
Never one to pass up using glitter and shine, I've used both here by heat setting the wonky frame with SNS Harvest Moon Cosmic Embossing Powder. Because EP will put a "plastic-like" coat on your card stock, it may prove difficult to distress with ink, so I used Staz-on ink on the outside of the frame.
The embossed Chrome Silver Mirror cardstock was used with the starfish, and behind the sentiment - to give that glassy sheen seen on water surfaces. I have a new favorite microfine glitter color - though the photograph does not capture it well, it's got to be one of the most sparkling of the microfine colors, and is a lovely, deep shade of teal - SNS Teal Velveteen Microfine Glitter GM2017.
I hope you'll join us with your critter creations at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month!
- Image: A Day For Daisies "Water Talk"
- Sentiment: Lovely Magnolia Rubber Stamp Set (available digitally)
- SNS Harvest Moon Cosmic Embossing Powder EP398
- SNS Teal Velveteen Microfine Glitter GM2017
- Cardstock: Chrome Silver Mirror CS (five 8 x 11.5 sheets 2.99), Neenah Solar White, Cantaloupe, Designer Paper from Stash
- Copic Markers
- Embossing Folder - Regency Swirls by Die'Sire
- Spellbinders: Classic Squares, Grand Squares, Grand Scallop Squares
- Dee's Distinctively Flourish 4 die set
- IO Ocean Dies DIE077-W
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- The Library Challenge #12 "The Little Mermaid" 8/11 (sep post)
- Morgan's Artworld Challenges #7 Anything Goes 8/15 (sep post)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #7 AG for a DT 8/15 (sep post)
- Creates and Makes #23 AG 8/26 (sep post)
- Make My Monday #76 Colored Image 8/5
- The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge (July) Anything Mythical Under the Sea 8/3 (tab on top)
- ScrapyLand Challenge #95 AG with SL dies (Listed above 3 SB sets, Dee's, IO) 8/15
- Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday (Aug) Feature a Creature! 9/1
- Country View Challenges (Aug) "Sun, Sea and Sand" 9/1
- Creatalicious Challenges #144 AG under the sea or fairy tales 9/1 (sep post)