To friends who have been enduring such horrific weather - my thoughts are with you, and praying you have not suffered loss as a result.
On to the fun stuff!
Until the 28th of April, you may share your critter creations with us, being sure that your animals are the featured element of the project! We have a product winner and design team picks, as well.
It was pure joy working with Linda's quality products. My cards feature the "Les Beaux Oiseaux Designer Ephemera" - Beautiful Birds - a pair of birds on branch and postcard.
and beautiful digital papers from Les Beaux Oiseaux 6x6 Set 3.
I heat set my sentiment on vellum using SNS Antiquities Detail Opaque Embossing Powder. While it looks great in person, all the little shadows show up in the photo. Is that because I did not heat it sufficiently from the underside of the vellum? Am I supposed to melt it from underneath and then a little bit on top?
(Embarrassed that I don't know the answer to this question, but would like to know your kind responses, please)
|SNS Antiquities Detail Opaque Embossing Powder|
Lastly, I have a super easy card to show. The birds are digitally layered to a red background, where I applied some digital lace. This was cut out, layered onto a coordinating pale tan/ivory panel, and finally placed onto coordinating red cardstock. Added a few fussy cut butterflies for some dimension.
The sentiment is heat set with textured SNS Timber Embossing Powder. I love the elegant earthiness this EP brings to the card with the grainy, but shiny elements! Timber Embossing Powder contains a surprise ingredient that really brings out the burnished bronze richness in brown.
|SNS Timber Embossing Powder|
- Linda Simpson Designs Digital Collages - Les Beaux Oiseaux Designer Ephemera
- Linda Simpson Designs Digital Papers Les Beaux Oiseaux 6x6 Set 3
- Black Ash Mousse by Tonic
- SNS Roses In My Heart - "Happy Birthday" sentiment
- SNS Galaxy Ultrafine Glitter G1131 (mix of colors found in the galaxy)
- SNS Timber Embossing Powder EP469
- SNS Antiquities Detail Opaque Embossing Powder EP266
- Hello Die Cut by Tonic 1250E
- Deluxe Adhesive by Tonic (has fine tip)
- Glue Pen (large) by Tonic (for glitter)
- Spellbinders Imperial Square die set
- Sue Wilson Pierced Banner Tags die set
- Tattered Lace Victorian Dots and Stripes embossing folder
- Punch by MS Arch Lattice Edge
- Distress Inks
- White, Taupe, Black, Ivory, Red vellum cardstock