As we approach Thanksgiving in the US, I cannot begin to express my deep gratitude and thankfulness for you, my dear blogging friends.
Thank you for contributing to my little life.
(and if that sounds a little sappy to you, alas, that's how I truly am)
ONWARD WE GO!
Today I've got something a little different to share, using Autumn colors that were popular as plaids in my Connecticut high school days: Mustard and Mulberry.
There's a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!
Wouldn't it be beautiful with sparkly dimensional flowers or leaves? (giggle)
(click to make photos larger if desired - should work for my email followers as well)
To make the fancy frame:
Tonic Twisting Veranda Layering Die Set
The unassembled frame is now two pieces:
- The solid portion of the frame was cut, smooshed with VersaMark Ink, and coated with Sparkle N Sprinkle Cappuccino Star EP.
- The ornate frame has been smooshed with creamy Nuvo Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse.
- Both pieces look great with old "Brilliance Ink" masked portion.
- Adhere the two pieces together.
My New Best Friend makes cutting larger, detailed dies EASY, with a single pass:
To finish the card:
- Die cut a shape for your card. Distress with ink around the edges.
- Ink embossing folder, and dry emboss to reveal texture. In this case, I also lightly distressed with Nuvo Royal Aubergine Embellishment Mousse. It's a gorgeous purple.
- Trace around the die frame, and fussy cut a layer to smoosh more Royal Aubergine Embellishment Mousse. It makes the frame more noticeable from the background (and looks pretty, too!)
- Heat Emboss the sentiment on vellum with SNS Cappuccino Star EP.
- Adhere vellum strip under the frame.
- Adhere frame to stamped project.
- Pop up the framed panel with dimensionals, adhering to card base.
- Blend Concord Star EP and Mulberry Star EP to obtain a purply mulberry color that matches the mousse. Heat Emboss a section of scrap paper. Let cool.
- From that scrap paper, cut delicate flourishes from Tonic's Verdi's Waves Flourish Die Set (love this set!) Cut them apart or leave as is, and arrange on your creation. These were adhered with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, an easy-to-hold-and-squeeze bottle with a VERY thin nozzle.
- Lastly, Nuvo Glitter Drops in GOLDEN SUNSET and HONEY GOLD were splattered on the finished piece.
Interior of Card:
Leaving you with a Hug:
(courtesy of Linda's Peaceful Place)
- Image: Wreath and main layer - An unfinished project from my box
- Sentiment - Hero Arts Gratitude Sentiment Set (over 10 years old)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Cappuccino Star EP (sentiment and behind die cut frame), Concord Star EP, Mulberry Star EP (blended for purple-mulberry die cuts)
- Nuvo Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse and Royal Aubergine Embellishment Mousse (detail frame and layer behind the frame)
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with thin applicator
- Nuvo Glitter Drops in GOLDEN SUNSET and HONEY GOLD
- Tonic Twisting Veranda Layering Die Set (currently 50% off sale in SNS store)
- Tonic Esssentials Verdi's Waves Flourish Die Set
- Tonic Tangerine Die Cut Machine - cuts like butter.
- Other Dies: SB Grand Labels One, SB Grand Decorative Labels One
- Paper: Vellum, White, Mustard
- Inks: Distress Walnut and Straw, Galaxy Gold Brilliance, Platinum Planet Brilliance, Cosmic Copper Brilliance
- Embossing Folder: Craft Essentials Basket Weave
- 4 Crafty Chicks #376 Give Thanks 11/16
- Dragonfly Journeys #140 "Attitude of Gratitude" 11-11
- Crafting with Friends #54 Anything Goes 11/17
- Crafty Calendar Challenge (Nov 4) Autumn Colors 12/3 (sep post)
- Hiding in my Craft Room #325 Fall Colors 11/10 (sep post 2 wks aft)
- Pile It On Challenge #136 Large Sentiments 12/3 (sep post 12/10)
- Scrapy Land #77 Anything with a die that SL Sells (Tonic, Spellbinders listed above in products) 11/11 (sep post 11/15)
- Sisterhood of Crafters (Nov 8) "Let the Sparkle fly!" (lots of sparkle and shine as listed in products above) 11/20 sep post
- Sparkles Monthly Challenge #97 Autumn Colors 11/15
- Stinkin' Inkers Challenge "Thankful" 12/5 (sep post)