Wafting Gingerbread Baking Scents to all my blogging friends world-wide!
(Yikes! My arms are getting sore)
How's that for a Christmasy hello?
I am smitten by the House Mouse characters, and thoroughly enjoy coloring them in their fun antics. They make great story telling, all in a single stamp!
These little guys are enjoying a homespun, homemade Christmas tradition.
Wish my Gingerbread cookies came out looking so pretty!
I've used Anna Griffin papers with a Sue Wilson frame die.
The Cloud Nine Microfine Velvet Glitter has been "taped in place" behind the frame, with the sticky portion facing front. The Glitter is actually "white", but has a lot of transparency to it.
Behind the image, I've die cut a green foam frame to match the size of the ornate frame, to "pop up" the stamped panel. Because the dimensional foam behind the frame is green, a muted version of the green is showing through the glitter, matching the leaves on my card.
(for a quick tutorial on applying double sided tape to a frame, please visit my blog post)
Colored with Copic Markers, the images has been distressed with Forest Moss Distress Ink and Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse (around the edges, in the flowers, and in the colored panel).
Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettias are die cut in red, and embossed, with more Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse. The burlap flower is also a Tim Holtz die. The leaves are from PoppyStamp's Blooming Poinsettia set. Cut in green, the leaves have been lightly smooshed with SeaSpray Green Embellishment Mousse.
Finished card - so sweet!
Thanks for joining me today, my friends!
Submitted to the following fine challenges:
- House Mouse and Friends #246 Christmas in July 8/7 (sep post)
- ABC Christmas (Aug 2) "R is for Red" 9/1
- Addicted to Stamps - Addicted to Holidays #253 8/8
- The Merry Christmas Challenge #28 "Animals" 8/8
- Kerst-Christmas (#8) Anything Christmas (2nd entry) 9/1
- The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge #32 Traditional Christmas Colors (FT) 9/1
- Shopping Our Stash #314 Countdown to Christmas (C13) 8/8
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge (3rd entry) C15 - #11 Anything Christmas Goes 8/7 (sep post)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge #185 No Sentiment on Front of Card 8/7 (sep post)
- Give a Crafter A Cookie #74 Inspiration Photo 8/10