I am positively overjoyed you could stop by for a visit.
I've rolled the red carpet out, just for you...
NOW we can begin LOL...
Happy October, everyone! It's a wonderful new month with great opportunities!
(you may have noticed the change in my blog header)
I've tried to incorporate some Autumn theme colors on my projects BUT BUT BUT -- here in Florida, we have only seen the slightest hint of Autumn, with temperatures declining a few tiny degrees, and the leaves scarcely beginning to fall off the oak trees.
Hope this finds you doing well!
To find the winner of my Blog Candy, please click here.
Psssst! As a thank you to my loyal readers...
New Blog Candy HERE!
We always enjoy seeing the wide array of art uploaded to the challenge,
and hope to see many more this month!
Our theme this month is:
Anything Goes. Cards, Tags, Recipes, Knitting --
anything at all!
Our Prize Sponsor this month is KennyK.
The winner gets to choose 3 digital stamps of their choice from the KennyK Store!
First, the easy-peasy 5" x 7" card with wet and dry embossing --
The Stampin' Up! butterfly is embossed with gorgeous
Sparkle N Sprinkle Patina Gold EP281.
After fussy cutting the butterfly, I adhered it to pine cardstock,
and fussy cut a dark halo around the image.
Lush designer paper sets the stage using the sketch from another fantastic challenge - Sunday Stamps.
Crimson Copper Brilliance ink brings out the pretty dry embossed background.
Die Cut sentiment makes this an "all occasion card".
My second card uses the same butterfly image in the same EP,
same designer paper,
same background paper.
At 5.5" x 8", this pretty card has a red, gold-flecked, punched leaf border,
with the same Die'Sire Rose Vine embossing folder,
this time embellished with a bit of Gold Galaxy Brilliance ink.
Memento Cottage Ivy was stamped on the Hero Arts Sentiment. Because it is a water-based dye ink, I knew it would not dry well on the pearl vellum; so, I heat set the sentiment with clear detail EP. Now the stamped sentiment is raised, and won't smear.
The butterfly also has a bit of Gold Tinsel EP in the body and top corners of the wings. In real life, it looks "distressed," and mirrors the Gold Tinsel embossed edges around the 3 vertical designer papers.
To make the punched scallop bottom stand out a bit, a 3/4" strip of double-sided Tear-ific Tape was applied to the inside of the card, coated with Gold Tinsel and Russet EP
to provide fun color and interesting texture:
The Stampin' Up! Butterfly has been colored with Tombow Markers on Ivory CS, fussy cut with a slight "halo" around the edge, and wings are bent with dimensional adhesives under the "poofy" parts (technical word there).
Hope to enjoy your creations on the
- Embossalicious Die'sire Rose Vine embossing folder
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Nuvo Crystal Drops White, Patina Gold EP281, Russet EP223, Gold Tinsel EP385, Clear Detail EP, 3/4inch Tear-ific Tape, Memento Cottage Ivy Dye Ink, VersaMarker, VersaMark
- Stampin' Up! Butterfly stamp
- Hero Arts Sentiment stamp
- Martha Stewart Laurel Leaf, Vintage Lace punches
- EKSuccess Scallop punch
- Cheery Lynn Monarch Butterfly B668
- Memento Cottage Ivy Dye Ink, VersaMark Ink, Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick Distress Dye inks, Crimson Copper Brilliance Ink, Gold Galaxy Brilliance Ink
- Tombow markers (butterflies)
- Impression Obsession Top Edgers Words DIE434-K
Supporting these fine on-line challenges:
- Cardz4Galz Challenges #32 Autumn/Fall Colors 10/10
- Crafting With Friends #28 Anything Goes 10/7
- Creative Fingers Challenges #117 Anything Goes 10/13
- Just Add Ink #331 Just Add Wings (butterflies) 10/5
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges #147 Anything Goes 10/4 (in tab)
- QKR Stampede #211 "Cut It Up" (dies, scissors, punches) (used all 3 methods) 10/6
- Sunday Challenges #SSC136 Sketch (shown above) 10/7
- The Crafty Addicts #25 "Anything Goes/Pattern Paper" 10/10