Outlawz is sharing a fabulous New England tradition about May Day in their Sunday CAS Challenge. The result is to create CAS cards containing flowers in baskets.
These are my CAS cards - or at least I HOPE they are considered CAS.
The first is cut using Sue Wilson dies from her Ornate Pierced Rectangles set - I cannot say enough good things about this die cut set - definitely one of my favorites! I like this card best of the two.
The second is done with the Spellbinders Scallop Labels Two set:
After coloring with Copics, I smeared the middle section with VersaMark Ink and SNS Sparkle embossing powder which contains glitter. It does not look pink in real life, but I guess the camera sees the reflection of the glitter differently than our merely human eyes do!
Isn't it strange how the cameras capture colors, shine and glitz so differently from what our eyes see?
You can see a little better that the left matches the right, but it depends how the light is hitting it. The last picture in this post shows the glittered area best - but way too much pink showing in it!
The pretty sentiment is from Create With TLC. From the thousands of images in my stash, not a single one was a basket with flowers, so I found this freebie on line at Coloring and Coloring.
Thanks for stopping by!
I am playing in the following Challenges:
- Outlawz CAS CHALLENGE MAY 3, 2015
- Clear It Out Challenge May 5 "Anything Goes Stash" - (seldom used Spellbinders dies which have been in my stash for a long while, and the sage green cardstock which had never been opened) 5/12
- Tuesday Throwdown #243 Flowers for Her 5/12
- Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge week 18 - Anything Goes 5/26
- Fab n Funky Challenges #258 May Flowers - 5/12