Monday, April 07, 2014

Blogger Permalinks Changed



The following information is per Google Forum Help April 7-2014.


Google's Blogger has made changes in the feature "LINKS" shown on the right side of the "Compose/Draft" page of your blogs.

In the past, if a specific URL was needed (perhaps for a blog hop), it was easy to copy and paste the link from the LINK  and PERMALINK feature.

This has now been "abbreviated".

Click on LINKS. The option for either "Automatic" or "Custom" is presented.

Actually, it is easier using custom. Choose one word. Even if you change your blog title, the Custom Permalink will remain the same. However, with Automatic, if the title of your blog post changes even by one space or word, your Permalink will automatically be reconfigured to match it.


Be sure to click on DONE and SAVE at the top.

Notice that the URL is only partially shown:

It is assumed you know the rest of the address for your blog URL.

In my case:

http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.com/

to create your permalink you will need to manually type in the front of your post's URL using this formula:

http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.com/

+ add the Permalink 

/2014/03/April.html 

equals (=)

http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.com/2014/03/April.html


Be careful about typos!
hugs,
de


6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

You need a hug - I promise not to do it too hard!! LOL

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Donna, this all looks so informative and I wish I knew what it all meant LOL. I will file this away for future reference as I imagine I will need it some day.

Thank you - you are always such a valuable source of information on blogging. I hate to admit it but I really don't know much about my blog at all - I still feel like such a newbie. If I run into trouble, I will be turning to you, my friend.

Hugs,
Kitty

Reusing with Quilling said...

Once again you have given valuable info Donna ! Thanks !

Verna Angerhofer said...

So far I had no problems but I think my format is a bit different than yours. Where you have Dashboard I think I have Design. But it sure is a great asset to have a knowledgeable friend like you.

pam said...

hi Donna, well you have lost me..I do not do challengers thank goodness.. takes me all my time to post and visit all your blogs.
know where to come if I need help...LOL.
hugs pam

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful blogger help Donna !!! I know I would be lost without your sound advice !!! Hugs, Mayra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...