Good Morning, dear Friends!
I admit it right from the start! This card is a total "cheater".
- Recycled Santa from last year's received store bought cards
- trimmed with VersaMarker and Gold Tinsel embossing powder
- added some SNS Green Iris glitz glitter throughout the fuzzies on Santa.
- The pretty paper was already printed, so it was just distressed with ink.
- The two Spellbinders die cuts were pieced together to accommodate the framed Santa Face.
- My Mom's Gold Trim - it is at least 40 years old!
Inspired by the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, where Santa was to be the focal point on our cards, my card is terribly easy, right?
My card uses the sketch from Fetch a Sketch Challenge:
It's what I call a cheater card (giggle) - but I love recycling - repurposing beautiful art - do you?
Cheater though I am, this card is still submitted in the following wonderful on-line challenges!
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - #16 Santa Claus
- Joanna Sheen - Recycle Challenge (Santa image, gold braid, white plastic snowflakes)
- WOW Embossing Powder - Altered or Recycled - (recycled with Santa image, gold braid, white plastic snowflakes) also used Gold Tinsel EP around the recycled Santa panel.
- Jingle Belles Rock - Joy to the Earth - Recycle (recycled with Santa image, gold braid, white plastic snowflakes)
- Crimbo Crackers Christmas - #39 Vintage (Vintage Santa with traditional colors, vintage gold braid, and distressing on papers)
- Christmas Card Challenges - #21
- Catch The Bug - Bugaboo Bingo (bottom row= gold tinsel heat embossing, green iris glitter, K&Company designer paper)
- Crafty Hazel Nuts Christmas - #121 Red and Green Must be Seen (red all over, green holly)
- ABC Challenges (All Beautiful Cards) - Recycle ((recycled with Santa image, gold braid, white plastic snowflakes)
- Fetch-a-Sketch - #48 - follows sketch
- LAST MINUTE ENTRY BY INVITATION (4-23) - Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes Christmas (thank you, Hazel!)
SB Grand Labels Twenty Three
SB Decorative Labels Eight
SB Decorative Labels Twenty-seven
Sparkle N Sprinkle Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
Sparkle N Sprinkle Green Iris Ultrafine Glitter
Inks: Old Paper dye, Fired Brick dye,VersaMarker Pen
Adhesives: Aileen's Quick Dry, Regular Scotch Tape, ZOTS
Papers: K&Company, White, recycled store bought Christmas Card
40-year-old gold braid from my Mom's stash, ribbon, snowflake