My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Friday, October 14, 2011

An Oldie but a Goodie (blog candy!)

Hi! So glad to see you! I'll be sharing a few cards as my final days with Sparkle N Sprinkle wind down. (sob!)

Do you ever look back on your cards and see a difference in your style, techniques or ability? I sure do! This was made prior to my life with Spellbinders LOL

One of my favorite SNS images is this Christmas Dove called "Nestle in for Christmas". My card was created for and published in Cardmaker's Sketchbook Christmas Celebration book released in 2009. It was my one and only publication submission LOL.

The directions are not in the card gallery at SNS because it is property of Cardmaker, however, I've grocery listed the products used. The Cardmaker sketch was specific: card had to be 8" x 5", but this easily could be done on a standard A2 size card, with less glitter being shown.

Are the winter doves in your area white? Living in central rural Florida, we enjoy an abundance of feathered creatures. Inspiration comes from my stamping room window. Our doves range from a blue grey to dark tan. So this little guy is not the traditional white.
(Just click on the card to see more detail)



Stamp Credits: (all stamps are Sparkle N Sprinkle)
Nestle In For Christmas #0342-119P
Dark Fern #1693-327B
Merry Merry Christmas  #1075-223A
Products:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Fire Engine Red Glitter #G1007
Sparkle N Sprinkle Sparkling Snow Glitter #G1003
Sparkle N Sprinkle Gold Detail Embossing Powder EP168
Basic Brand Ribbon 7/8” Red
May gold banded ribbon 1/4”
Sparkle N Sprinkle Brushable Glue #540
Zots Clear Adhesive Dots 1/8” thick
Tsukineko VersaMark Ink
Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Tsukineko Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink
Ranger Adirondack Meadow dye ink
Ranger Adirondack Mountain Rose dye ink
Leaf Punch by Martha Stewart
EK Success 1 3/8” round circle punch
Stampin Up Medallion Punch
Stampin Up Large Oval PUnch
Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor -21 (Paints)
Dove Blender Marker
Tombow Marker #026
Tombow Marker #845
Signo Uni-ball pen in white (for the eyes)
Craft-T Decorating Chalks by Provo-Craft

Though the camera did not capture it, the ornaments are glittery with the Pearlescent Paints (still available at SNS for $8 - a real easy-to-use coloring medium with beautiful results in real life). The background (white present wrapping) is actually glitter. Just run cardstock through your Xyron, or use Super Adhesive Sheets from SNS. "Merry Merry" is gold embossed. For dimension after embossing, use light colored inks, chalks or markers to provide just a dab of color.

On September 24 some blog candy was offered to those who follow my blog AND left a comment on my blog. The winners did not claim their prizes, so I'm offering one Stampette set from the two shown on the September 24 post  (winner's choice). If you are following via feedblitz or feedburner, please indicate that in your comment. Drawing will be on October 16 (my dh's birthday!).

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

ellie.cornell@yahoo.com said...

Oh, Donna - this may be an oldie, but it sure is a goodie, and I'm glad you brought it back. It's just in time for a special card I want to make! Thanks so much for sharing. Elliestamps

Aileen Freeman said...

I'm sorry you are leaving SNS because I always like your work. I'm looking forward to following your blog to continue seeing what you are doing.

creativearts said...

Absolutely love this "oldie"! I just may have to add it to my "wish list". Beautiful Christmas card!

Shirley said...

What a lovely card, and yes, I am currently doing just that! There are some of my stamps they could bury with me!!! LOLOL

NanaConnie said...

This card looks even better on your blog! So glad to see you popping up in my e-mail box (I follow you via e-mail) and I hope it's going to be more and more frequent, my friend. :-D

NWFlamingo said...

SNS won't be the same without your cheery posts. Isn't it great you used your "Dove blender" when coloring this card! HA! The doves seemed to move into our area a few years ago, I don't remember them cooing around the neighborhood before then. They disappear pretty much in the winter. We mostly have gray ones. Glad you enjoyed the squirrel card!

Karin said...

Wow, this made my jaw drop Donna! No wonder they published it...It's gorgeous! Your coloring is spectacular and I love the ribbon treatment! Your SNS days may be winding down, but you aren't going anywhere as far as I'm concerned...I will be in touch :) :) :)